Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'm here

I know it's been like forever and a day since I've blogged about anything.  Sorry guys for running off like that.  I've just been crazy busy at work, two girls in soccer on different teams that practice at different times, and life in general has gotten in the way.

I ran a half back at the beginning of this month.  It was suppose to be my first marathon but things didn't go according to plan so instead of just backing out altogether, I decided to do the half.  I ran it a minute slower than last year at 1:58 but I had a blast during this race.  I smiled almost the whole time and even though I managed to hit the wall at 11 miles, I didn't let it take me to far down.  It rained on us while we ran the half and even managed to have the tornado sirens go off during mile 5.  That was hilarious.  I wanted to make a t-shirt that said, "I outran the tornado"  but I haven't done it yet.

After that race, I ended up getting the worse cold known to man.  I lost my voice for about four days.  I thought I was getting better but only ended up getting a fever for a few days which made me go to the doctor to find out that I had caught a virus that was going around.  I'm feeling a lot better now.

Monday, I got up at 4:30 a.m. to head out for a run.  After about a mile in I started getting really sick and ended up calling the run at 2 miles.  Since I hadn't ran in 2 weeks, I  considered that run a success in my books.  Yesterday I went out for three miles and had a hard time but I managed to get them done and then my right hip seized up on me and I've been slowly getting the pain out of it all day.  I could hardly walk last night but after doing a lot of stretching and not making my self over compensate for it, it feels better.  I was planning to do another 2 miles today but I think I'm going to ice my hip down, do some more stretches and see how it feels tomorrow.

On April 28, I'm hoping to toe the line at an 8 mile trail race in my local zoo.  I'm really wanting to run this race so I'm hoping that there is nothing wrong with my hip.

I'm also considering another half at the end of October at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  It promises to be fast, flat and scenic.  I'm trying to get another girlfriend to go with me, but if she doesn't, I'm thinking about doing it anyways and just going by myself.  We shall see.

Nothing else is really going on over this way.  I'm hoping to be back to my regularly schedule of blogging every day.  Again, we shall see.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment