Monday, January 30, 2012

Relaxation is the Answer

This was one of the most low-key, relaxing weekends I've had in a long time.  I so enjoyed it and told the hubs last night that we need to have more of them.  As much as I love having friends over and a house full of children running around laughing, screaming and just enjoying each other's company, I also loved the quietness of just having my two girls and the hubs at home.  I was in bed at a really decent hour and was up early, feeling fantastic Sunday morning.  I usually feel like crap.

Anywho, let's move back a day.  Saturday morning I was suppose to go for a run but I moved the run back to the afternoon because I had to be at my sister's house earlier than I anticipated.  I had a blast hanging with my mom and sister.  We laughed, laughed and laughed some more.  We also watched The Hangover 2, which is HILARIOUS!!!! The girls had a blast riding their bikes and playing outside.  We didn't get home until a little after 4, so I decided to just move my run to Sunday. 

On Sunday I spent lunch with my dad and grandparents' and we just enjoyed each other's company and laughed, laughed, and laughed some more.  I laughed a lot this weekend, it felt good.

So at 2, I finally decided to go for my run.  Since I've almost decided to just drop down to the half marathon in March, I went for a 10 mile run.  I felt great during the run, finishing 6 miles in 49 minutes.  I looped back to the house to use the restroom and to grab my gel pack that I left on the counter.  Took that, use the loo, and went back out for the rest of the 4 miles.  I finished the whole 10 miles in 1:24 for an average pace of 8:25.  I don't know where that came from and was really excited about it.

This morning my legs are a little sore and I had some toe issues, not exactly sure what was up with them but when I pulled my sock off, my toes were bleeding.  No biggie, I just watched them off and went on with my business. 

Today after work I'm running 4 miles, I'm hoping to convince Bug to ride her bike while I run, tomorrow I'm taking an off day and will do Insanity, Wednesday I'm doing 6 miles, Thursday I'm running 6 miles and then Saturday I'll run 12 miles.  I'm not following a training plan, just doing what I feel like doing and do plan to go over the 13 mile mark before the race on March 3.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment