Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Getting back into the Grove

So I haven't been exactly doing marathon training like I had wanted to.  I've missed a couple of runs that I should have gotten in.  I can't exactly say what happened, except I didn't make time and that's not a good enough excuse.  So I rededicated myself to my training last week but after three days of running, my hip started to get a tingly/pulling sensation that comes before it starts to hurt and I knew right then and there that four days of running in a row is not the way to go for me.  So I've revamped my training schedule to make it easier for me to obtain my goals but to also get in the more important runs. 

Since I can handle three days of running in a row, I've decided to run Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.  I've also decided to do Insanity Abs every single day.  It's only approximately 17 minutes long and its an awesome abs workout.  Since I've decided not to run on Mondays, I did Insanity abs and Cardio Power and Resistance yesterday.  I was sweating like crazy and I loved the way my body felt after I finished. 

This morning I got my self out of bed for 5 miles.  I managed to get the miles done in 43 minutes.  Again, I loved the way my body felt.   Tonight when I get home from work, I'll do Insanity abs while dinner cooks.

Tomorrow I have 6 miles on tap.  I'm going to try to get up early enough to do the ab workout after my run because tomorrow night I have to teach a 45 minute spin class at the Y.

Thursday I have 5 miles on tap and my friend is coming over after work to do the Fit Test with me and when we are finished with that, I'll do Insanity abs.

Friday will be just Insanity abs.

Saturday will be 12 miles of running and then Insanity abs and Sunday will be just Insanity abs.

I think this will help me to stay injury free and it offers other muscles to get used that would normally be ignored with just running.  I'm also hoping to get my flat belly back, it's started to pouch out some and I'm not happy with it.  I was really digging the abs that I had coming along and I want them back.

I hope I can do this.  I need YOU to keep me motivated.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment