Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 3 of Training

This past week of training didn't go exactly as planned but I did manage to get in 20 miles. 

Monday - October 31
I was suppose to run 4 miles but when I woke up that morning, I couldn't breath and I felt as though my head was going to explode, so I decided to hold off and see how I felt as the day went on.  At lunch I just decided to use the day as a rest day.  I also knew that I would be doing a whole lot of walking that evening as it was Halloween.

Tuesday - November 1
I got up bright and early and ran 5 miles.  I had all intention of going for another 4 at lunch but it just didn't happen. 

Wednesday - November 2
I was suppose to run 3 miles but I didn't get up in time, so I had decided to go after work but the hubs ended up working late, which meant I didn't get my run in, so I did Insanity Abs.

Thursday - November 3
I ran 4 miles on my lunch break and then since I didn't have anyone show up for spin class, I did another 3 miles on the treadmill for a total of 7 miles for the day.

Friday - November 4
I take this day as a rest day no matter what happened during the week.

Saturday - November 5
Since I was dropping my girls off with their granddaddy for a couple of hours that afternoon, I decided to move my long run back to the afternoon.  I dropped them off, then went to a friend's house and parked my car, gave him my car keys, told him where I was going and took off for my 8 mile run.  I anticipated it would take me 1:10 but I surprised myself and finished in 1:08.  I was super stocked because there was a lot of rolling hills on the route I chose.

Sunday - November 6
Rest day.

I was really pleased with my running this past week but I also know I need to pick up big time on my training.  I will hit the double digits this weekend, so I need to make sure that I have all the little runs done during the week so I'll have confidence going into the long run.

Training schedule for this week:
Monday - 4 miles
Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday - 4 miles
Thursday - 3 miles
Saturday - 10 miles (or a 15k race, haven't decided)
Total miles 24

Have a great day all.

1 comment: