Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sick

I have a cold that has been around for almost a week.  My nose is stuffed up, my head is killing me and I feel as though I've smoked a pack already and I'm not a smoker.  This sucks.  Yesterday morning I climbed out of bed at 5:40 and went for a run.  I ran 5 miles (I've forgotten the time but it's on my daily mile widget) and I  shot snot rockets the whole time.  It was gross but there was nothing I could do.  It was either that or not breath.  Since you have to breath to run, I figured I'd shot the snot rockets.  That's all I've ran this week.  I had my alarm set for 5:40 again this morning but I was wide awake at 4 with a pounding headache, a nose that was acting like a leaky faucet and a stomach I was unsure about.  It was awful.  After one of my many trips to the bathroom, one of the bottom planks under our bed fell out when I sat down, so at 4:30, we were fixing the bed.  I immediately changed the clock right then and there. I knew it was going to be way to hard to get out of bed in less than an hour to go running. 

I do plan on going for my run after work.  Tomorrow I've got 3 miles on tap along with spin class and then Saturday I have 8 miles.  I'm not concerned about the miles, I'm more concerned with the way my head and chest is going to hold up.  I'm hoping this cold makes it way out of my system and soon.

Question, how many of the married couples that read this blog have a shared checking account or do they each have their own?  The hubs and I are having financial problems.  Along with all the other people in the world, these economic times have hit us very hard.  We are barely scrapping by and it's always like our account is in the negative.  Since I'm the one who writes the checks, I'm the one who gets blamed when the account goes into the negative.  He never thinks its his fault, so I'm the one who has to fix the problem.  I sometimes can't fix the problem.  So I'm thinking of getting my own checking account and letting him have his own checking account and then dividing up the bills accordingly.  That way he would have his own money to spend on what he needs/wants and I can do the same without worrying about our account going over.  I have a couple of friends who are married and do this and they love it.  It's been on my mind for over a year now.  What's your thoughts?????

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

Angela :)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better! My husband and I each manage our money separately. We have it arranged who pays what bills and then we each save/spend our own from there. I am much more conservative with money than he is and this seems to work better for us without either of feeling guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks abbi for your input on the situation. I think that it would work well for us.

    ReplyDelete