Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wow and I thought Month 1 was hard

Yesterday started month 2 of Insanity.  I had the Fit Test and Max Interval Circuit on deck.  Well I had posted on FB that I was starting month 2 of Insanity and a friend of mine is just starting out and since we both had to do the fit test, I agreed to come to her house and do that one with her and then go home and do the other one.  I also had 3 miles on tap, so I had to figure out how to get it all done.

I didn't get up early enough to get anything in, so I packed my running clothes for a lunch time run.  I squeaked out the 3 miles in 25:53.  With the cooler temps, the run felt great.  So after work, I went home, got changed, and headed over to my friend's house for the Fit Test.  That test will always be hard, no matter how many times I do it.  After that, I went back home, made sandwiches for the hubs and the girls and then proceeded to kill myself for 59 minutes.  It was hard, it was tough, and I thought about quitting 30 minutes into it.  I mean it had full body drills, which consisted of running in place in the plank position, moving push-ups and then wide running in place (knees come to your elbows).  I was almost sick after all of that. 

But I finished through the whole exercise and I was really proud of myself for doing it but this morning, I'm a sore mess.  Muscles that didn't hurt when I did the first month, are screaming at me in protest.  Especially my hips, my hips are on fire.  But it's a good kind of hurt.  The kind that let's me know I pushed my body yesterday and it is all worth it.

This morning I should have gotten up and went for my 4 mile run but I was just in to much pain and plus it was 40 something degrees outside, plus I had managed to leave my purse at my office which had my Garmin in it.  Decision was made right then and there to hit the snooze button and go back to sleep, which lead me to get up late. I'm not going to be able to make up the 4 miles today, so I'm just going to let it go and after Bug's scrimmage game this afternoon, I'll get in Week 6, Day 2 of Insanity.  Somebody shoot me.

The rest of my week looks like this:

Wednesday - 4 miles/Week 6,  Day 3 of Insanity
Thursday - 3 miles/Week 6, Day 4 of Insanity
Friday - Week 6, Day 5 of Insanity
Saturday - 6 miles/Week 6, Day 6 of Insanity
Sunday - Rest my tired body.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment