Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm still here

I know I haven't been on for a while.  Just not a whole lot going on.  Week 2 of pre-training for the marathon is going great so far.  I've managed to hit all my miles, even though I had to make up yesterday's miles today which means I'll make up today's miles tomorrow.  No worries though I'll be hitting 20 miles by the end of the week.  I'm really amazed at what taking that time off did for me.  I've found my renew love for running and I"m enjoying it much more than I did before the break.

I'm also on week 4 of Insanity.  I can't believe that I'm almost through the first month.  I'm really excited to start on week 5, it's core cardio and balance.  I really need the balance work, so this is really making me excited about what's to come.  I'm also really loving how my stomach is looking.  I'm honestly turning into one of those people who walk by a mirror or window and am constantly checking my own body out.  At home when I do Insanity I usually just work out in a sports bra and shorts.  Well we have a mirror in our dining room that looks into the living room, so I can look at myself in the mirror.  I love how you can see the outlines of my obliques.  It's really sexy, if I do say so myself.  The hubs usually just laughs at me when he sees me starring at the mirror.

Tuesday afternoon I had the best run I've had in a long time.  What possessed me to run an 8:33 pace for 4 miles is beyond me but when I stopped my watch and saw that I had ran 4 miles in 34 minutes, I was stoked. 

I think though my running shoes might be put in retirement soon.  My left calf muscle is starting to get sore while running.  I'm a little apprehensive about Saturday's 6 miler but I will know more about what type of pain it is after that run.  I haven't gone over 4 miles since returning back to running, so this will tell me what I'm looking at.  Let's just hope its the shoes and not a real problem.  It doesn't hurt any other time, so I'm thinking shoes.

I'm off to get some work done.  Everyone have a wonderful Thursday.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment