Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Hump Day

Boy this week is cruising right on by.  It's hard to believe that it's Wednesday already.  Feels more like a Tuesday but I'm glad it's not.  I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, SEC football on t.v.  Even though I'm not a big fan of either school that is playing, it's still the SEC and I just love watching football.  It should be a good game though, LSU vs. Mississippi State.  I hope MSU pulls out the win, but it's doubtful.

Moving on, yesterday I got up early and ran another 2 miles.  I could feel my calf/shin area starting to get a little ache in it and am hoping that maybe it will go away once I get back into the swing of running.  I managed to run those 2 miles in 17:23, I believe that was the time.  Today I somehow overslept even though the alarm did go off, I'm thinking when it went off the first time, I though it was earlier than it was and thought I had more time, so I just reset the darn thing and brought everything to work to get in the 3 miles that is on the schedule.  This afternoon after work I'll do Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs on Insanity.

Speaking of Insanity, I've managed to lose 3 pounds at the moment.  I went from 140 to 137.  I'm still not happy with the 137, but I'm coming to terms that this might be the weight I'm going to be at for a while.  I'm also not complaining that 137 is heavy (I don't want any hate comments) I just want to get down to 130.  I've been there once before I did my first half marathon but since that time, I've managed to gain 10lbs back and I'm not exactly sure if it's all muscle or fat.  Well I do know some of it's fat because I was eating terribly there for a while.  I figured I could eat anything I wanted because I worked out like a fiend and that is just not the case.  Lesson learned and I'm still working on my diet but for the most part I try to eat everything in moderation.  I did that in Weight Watchers and lost 20lbs., so that's my base for dieting.  Portion control is the key.

Tomorrow is a big day for me, 2 miles, spin class and Insanity.  I know without a doubt I'll do it all, I'm even contemplating waking up at 5:30, getting the miles in and then doing Insanity all before work.  It's cardio recovery, so it's not going to be that hard and plus it will probably feel amazing after running.  I'll let you all know my thoughts, if I do it.

Well I'm about to get ready for that 3 mile run.  Nervous because I haven't ran that much in a while, but it should be alright, the Ipod's charged and I have my Nuun Tropical flavor water ready for afterwards (love that flavor).  Have a wonderful day all.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment