Monday, August 15, 2011

What a weekend

Finally a weekend where we all stayed around the house and no one was rushing off to pickup the girls or drop them off somewhere.  It was a fantastic, relaxing, wonderful weekend, one that I didn't want to end.

Saturday morning I was up pretty early (if you count 7:00, early) to get started on my run.  I had 10 miles on tap but I also had Day 6 of Insanity to do with the hubs.  I'm keeping a close eye on how I'm feeling with the Insanity program and still running, so I'm making sure not to overdo it.  That's the hubs main concern at the moment, me overdoing it.  So even though I had 10 miles on schedule, I was going to do whatever I could and if I didn't make it, oh well.  I managed to squeak out 6 miles in an 1:02.  I was a little upset about it but then I realized that I'm just burned out.  After I run the 15.5k race next week, I'm taking some time away from running.  I'm getting a little burned out on it and with marathon training starting in mid-October, I want to go into it with a fresh mind and love for running.  So I'm taking about 2 weeks away from running.  I'm going to still do Insanity for the first week and then on the second week, I'm going to bike ride.  I know my mind, body and soul needs the rest.  I'm just plain tired.  My muscles will also love me for this. 

During the run, I was about 4 miles in when I came across a bridge and noticed 2 dogs running towards me barking.  I stopped, turned around and walked a little ways back across the bridge.  Luckily the road I was running on is a busy highway, so there was lots of cars to keep the dogs from charging at me.  But one decided he didn't care about the dogs and started coming into the street.  I made up mind right then and there to purchase some mace.  I know it's terrible to spray a dog in the face and I don't plan on using it just to spray a dog but when your running, by yourself, and a dog comes charging out of the yard at you, I'm not going to be helpless anymore.  I have pepper spray but after taking to some cops about it, they said the pepper spray will not work and I would have to use mace to keep myself safe from the dogs. 

On the way back into town, I ran by two gentlemen and warned them about the dogs so they could either change their run up and go a different way or decide to chance it and run by the dogs.  Both of the gentlemen told me they were changing their runs up.  Good call!!!!

Saturday afternoon after snoozing in the recliner, the hubs and I finally decide to do Insanity.  It was the one we did Tuesday (the one that caused me so much pain on Wednesday and Thursday).  I did a lot better at it and was in no pain on Saturday.  Yeah, my muscles are finally starting to get use to it.  I was able to get right out of bed Sunday with no having to stand until my muscles felt like they could hold me up.

Sunday we went to church, then had one of the laziest days ever.  It was perfect and if I could do it all over again, I would.

This morning I forced myself out of bed at 6 (it really helps if your bladder is full) and made it out the door by 6:15ish for my 3 mile easy run.  I was so proud of myself.  Let's hope I can keep it up all week.

Here's how my schedule looks right now:

Monday - 3 miles (26:54)/Insanity Day 7
Tuesday - Insanity Day 8/abs
Wednesday - 6 miles/Insanity Day 9
Thursday - Insanity Day 10/abs/spin/3 miles
Friday - Insanity Day 11
Saturday - 11 miles/Insanity  Day 12

Busy, busy but I'm looking forward to it.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment