Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Five

It's Friday already, this week flew by.  After only seeing my girls for one day last weekend and then leaving them with my mom for four days, I was more than happy to see them yesterday afternoon.  I even got out of teaching spin just so I could go home and see them, plus my calf muscles were in a lot of pain and I just couldn't see how I was going to be able to muster up the courage to teach the class.  Luckily the main instructor was there and she let me off the hook.  On the bright side, my legs are finally starting to feel much better.  After hobbling around for days, I'm actually walking semi-normal.  My only problem is first thing in the morning, I have to get my bearings about me before I attempt to take that first step.  It's a humbling thing, that's for sure.

On to the Friday five:

1.  It broke my hear this morning when I had to drop Monkey off at daycare.  She didn't want to go and I could see the tears welling up in her beautiful blue eyes when I bent down to give her a hug.  I held it together, but it was DIFFICULT.  I hate that I had to do that to her but I did promise her I would pick her up first this afternoon and I'm going to hold true to my word.

2.  I have 10 miles on tap for tomorrow.  Like I mentioned above, my calf muscles are starting to feel semi-normal again, so I'm not dreading these miles tomorrow.

3.  I so didn't get my run in yesterday.  I just didn't see how I was going to be able to do it.  I was in pain and thinking of running 2 miles, let alone 100 yards, just wasn't in the cards for me.  I have NO GUILT WHATSOEVER for not running those miles.

4. Tonight the hubs and I have to do Pure Cardio on Insanity.  The only problem is when we burned it to a disk, it didn't burn this one, so I'm hoping that our PS3 is still connected to our computer so we can just remote access it through there.  I'm also a little peeved that even though we got to do about 20 minutes of Insanity last night (and it was a good one because it involved a lot of stretching) the disk we copied it from had a scratch on that area, so our computer just quit recording it after that.  My friend is suppose to be getting his brother to make another copy for us. 

5.  I stood up for myself this morning and it felt great.  Today is the first day of school for the area I live in.  I told my boss yesterday that I was going to be late for work, I had no clue what time I would get in but I would be coming.  So this morning at 8:30 (when I was suppose to be at work) I was sitting in traffic trying to get out of my little city, I called my office to let them know that I was still sitting in traffic but I was on the way.  When I walked in 30 minutes later, I hear "Just come in whenever you want to."  I stopped dead in my tracks, walked back to the office the comment came from and said, "I told the big man yesterday I was going to be late and I even called this morning to say I was sitting in traffic but I was on my way.  It wasn't my fault that the City I live in decided to close off roads and then have police direct the traffic."  Boy did the person's face fall so fast after I stood my ground and he started backtracking and fast.  He stammered, he was joking and that he didn't mean it.  I then walked off to my desk.  He came around later and tried to make small talk, I obliged because I'm not an ass.  Ugh, that just really got me going this morning.

There you have it.  My day so far.  Crazy swirled in with happiness. 

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment