Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday Madness

Last night, the hubs and I attacked Day 3 of Insanity.  I was SORE and it took all I had in me to get ready to workout but once it was done and I had soaked my sore legs in a semi-cold (no ice) bath, then through my compression socks on, I felt really good about doing the workout.  This morning the hubs and I were suppose to get up at 6:30 to do Day 4, but I just couldn't.  My calf muscles are bruised feeling and it hurts to walk.  I'm wearing my compression socks today at work to help my calf muscles feel better.  I don't know if its in my head or if its because I took some headache medicine but I'm getting a little pep in my step.  I know the pain will subside eventually but can it happen faster than it is happening.  I told the hubs this morning that the last time my calf muscles hurt like this was after my first half-marathon.  I've ran two since and never experienced that pain again until know.  It hurts.

Enough whining, I'm doing this to help my body out.  I know, without a doubt, that adding this into my routine will make me a better runner and it will help my body look better.  I'm also doing it because the hubs is doing it with me and I don't want to say "Uncle" because he will then say it to and quit.  I'm not going to quit, so the hubs won't quit.

Today I have abs class/spin class/2 miles and Insanity to do.  I know by the time I start the 2 mile run, I'll be warmed up and when the hubs and I do Insanity tonight (it's Cardio Recovery, whatever that means) I'll hopefully be stretched out enough that it won't hurt when we start.  It's getting started that hurts, after all my muscles have warmed up, I have no problems with the exercises, well except for trying to do some of them.  Moving push-ups anyone????

Anywho, tomorrow is the first day of school for Bug.  She's super duper excited and I'm a little bummed because my mom is taking her to open house tonight instead of me because of my work schedule.  Sometimes it really sucks that the other secretary gets off early because that leaves me with no time to get off.  They have to have someone here to answer the phones and such.  It really breaks my hurt.

I'm also feeling very guilty for letting the girls go to their grandmother's house so much this summer.   I was telling the hubs the other day that I know this is good for them to spend time with their Nana who lives in another state, but I'm feeling like a very bad parent, dumping my girls on someone else.  That guilt ends tonight when I see them for the first time since Sunday.  Sometimes it's hard being a working parent because I also have to think about work schedules and requesting time-off before I can think about what to do with them.  It also sucks that when they have time off from school and such, I have to work and can't spend that time with them.  I enjoy coming to work but I also enjoy time with my girls.  It's a double-edged sword and I'm really getting cut-up about this.

Anywho, didn't meant to bring anyone down, I'm just down.  It will all be better tonight when Monkey and Bug are doing Insanity with the hubs and I.  It's going to be loads of fun.  I'm excited.

Angela :)