Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Randomness

Can't believe it's Thursday already.  Nothing on my workout schedule has gone according to plan.  Monday I skipped my run and did Insanity, Tuesday I skipped abs to get in my 3 mile run from Monday, Wednesday I only did 3 miles and today I had to skip abs again because I have no gas in my car and limited funds in my checking account.  All is well though.

So last night I got home with all intentions of throwing on my running clothes and hitting the pavement for an easy 3 mile run.  Well when I walked in the back door, dishes were waiting on me to wash, dinner needed to be cooked and time got away from me.  So after dinner, I laced up my shoes and went for my 3 mile run.  It was hard.  I never run at 7:30 at night and not after dinner.  I ended up getting some bad stomach cramps, but I slowed down my breathing, concentrated on putting one foot in front of the other and actually took some of the time running doing butt kicks and high knees.  You wouldn't believe how much faster you go when you are doing these things.  I ended up running the 3 miles in 26:25 (10 seconds faster than Tuesday's lunch time run).  I felt so much better afterwards.  I also had all intentions of doing Insanity but because we still don't have Cardio Recovery (the friend and I are having a moment), I decided to do yesterday's exercise tonight.  It will be Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. 

The hubs told me last night that he wants to start over with the Insanity program next week, so I have decided to finish out this week and then start over with him again.  No biggie considering I'm not going to be running and this way I will actually keep on working out. 

Since I have a race on Saturday and I usually make the Thursday's before any race my goals post, I'll post my mini goals.

Considering I haven't ran anything over 7 miles in I don't know how long, I'm basically hoping to just finish the race.  I'll be doing something new on race morning, bad I know, but I only have one packet of hammer gel left, so I'm planning on taking a 5-hour energy shot about 30 minutes before the race starts and then take the gel when I hit the 10.5k mark, if I need it.  I'm also planning on taking my handheld with me. 

So there you have it, my only goal for this race is to finish.  I've never ran a 15.5k race, so this will be an automatic PR, yeah.  I'm also getting my training schedule tweaked for when I start training for the marathon.  I'm looking at a 20-week training schedule and when I start back running on September 12, I'm going to be adding the miles in slowly.  The whole reason I'm taking time away from running is to get my muscles healed.  My hip never really healed because I always had a race to get ready for.  Now I'm making myself take time to let it heal and hopefully I'll be able to not overuse it again.  Fingers crossed.

Well I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thursday.

Angela:)

No comments:

Post a Comment