Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lunch time 3 miler

Since I didn't get up and go running this morning and I worked my abs out pretty good in the Day 12 of Insanity - Fit Test, I decided to forgo abs class today and get my 3 miles in on my lunch break.

For some reason or another, we have been having some pretty decent weather around these parts and yes, it was hot, but there was a nice breeze blowing through.  I meant to bring a tank top but somehow ended up walking out with a red tech shirt that I got a race last year.  No biggie, the shirt is suppose to wick sweat away, or so it says.  I was a hot, sweaty mess after the three miles.

Since I haven't done this in a while, here's the numbers:

Mile 1 - 8:41
Mile 2 - 8:51
Mile 3 - 9:02
Total miles: 3
Total time: 26:35
Average pace: 8:51
Calories burned: 328

I really did enjoy my lunch time run.  I know that when I start Marathon training, I'll have a lot of them because I'll be doing most, if not, all during the winter months for a spring race, so running at lunch will be completely different than running right now at lunch.

After work and picking up the girls, I got home, got changed and started on Day 13 of Insanity, Cardio Circuit.  This one is quickly becoming my favorite because it completely pushes you.  If you think you have nothing left in you, you somehow find a way to complete all 41 minutes of this exercise and it leaves you feeling completely unreal.  I managed to do almost all of the pushups yesterday.  I was super stoked but my shoulders and chest are not, wonder why.  I also did two rounds of ski jumps (using the plank position, jump from your right, back, left, repeat) and the in and out intervals.  I was so happy.  Afterwards I cooked eggs and bacon for the girls and I had an egg, bacon, and cheese sandwich on sourdough bread.  It was pretty fantastic.

We then went outside to swim in our free new to use above ground pool.  It was a lot of fun.  I'm so looking forward to this weekend, especially after almost running for 10 miles, sitting on a float while the girls play is going to be awesome.

Today I have 3 miles and pure cardio/cardio abs.  It's going to be awesome.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment