Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday Craziness

Where did this week go?  It's Thursday already and I feel like it's only Tuesday. 

This morning when I woke up at 5:50 with a screaming bladder, that I tried to ignore, I was just tired.  I rolled back over and tried to go back to sleep. It really didn't work out to well, remember the screaming bladder, but I knew my body need the rest.  I'm pushing it harder than I have in a long time.  Every day I do two different workouts: Run or Insanity.  Tuesday's I only have abs and Insanity but today, today I have four different workouts to do. 

Abs class for lunch, spin class for dinner, 3 miles on the treadmill for something to drink and Insanity with the hubs for dessert.  No wonder I'm so tired. 

Tomorrow is the only day I have Insanity to do.

Now don't get me wrong, I knew when I decided to do the Insanity 60-Day Program, that it was going to be hard and I was going to be tired, but I also knew the results were going to be amazing and guess what, they are.  I cheated this morning and weighed myself and I haven't lost any weight but (and this is a big BUT) you can definitely see the results of the workouts in my body.  I'm starting to develop the 6-pack abs that most people want, my arms are starting to become defined and my calf muscles are pretty HOT if I do say so myself.

Yesterday we did Cardio Circuit.  It's HARD but so worth it.  I managed to do four sets of Level 1 drills before completely passing out on the floor.  I was so proud, not only did I manage to do four sets, I managed to do four sets on each round (3 rounds total).  I'm also not doing the "girlie" push-ups either.  I'm doing the "manly" push-ups, push-ups I never thought I could do.  I'm stoked.

I have a race next weekend, that I'm really not sure what my timed goals are.  I haven't been running for speed at all, and I haven't been able to complete a long run (10 miles) in forever.  I give up after 6 or 7 miles every Saturday.  I have 11 miles on tap for this Saturday and even though the race is only a 15.5k (somewhere around 9.6 miles, give or take) I'm really contemplating scraping the 11 miles and only running 9.6 miles just to have that under my belt. 

I'm off to get some work done. 

Have a great day all.

Angela :)


No comments:

Post a Comment