Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Five

It's my favorite day of the week, Friday.  I'm having one of those amazing days where you have done nothing but laugh for most of the morning.  I've got a smile on my face that could possibly light up the room I'm in, if the lights were to go off.  I really needed a morning/day like this for a while now.  I'm hoping that things are going to start looking up from here on out.

1.  This morning I received a message from my boss telling me he got us breakfast.  I didn't get the picture and I wasn't sure if he was joking or something, so I texted back saying "I didn't get the pic but thanks."  I was really hoping he got me a bagel from Chick-fil-a.  I was lucky in the fact that is exactly what he got me.  When I got to work, the other secretary had gotten us breakfast also.  So I have a bacon-egg-cheese biscuit and a chicken-egg-cheese bagel.  I'm munching on the bagel right now.  I'll save the biscuit for tomorrow, either before my run or after, most likely after.

2.  This week two prayers have been answered and what's really crazy is they were answered back-to-back.  Now I don't go promoting Christianity on here because I know that people are different religions and believe in different things and that is not what this blog is about but because I really needed these two prayers answered, I'm going to share them with you.  Tuesday night I prayed for a great 6 miler on Wednesday.  It was the best 6-miler I've had in a while.  I was running effortlessly, I felt amazing and if given the time, I would have gone further than the 6 miles.  Now yesterday I thought I screwed up my checking account but I kept telling myself it was going to be alright and I kept trying to make the hubs have faith that it would be alright.  So before I fell asleep, I again went to the Lord and asked for our checking account to be alright, that nothing bounce.  At 5:30 this morning the hubs was up getting something to drink and checked our account and wouldn't you know it, we were not in the negative.  Prayers were answered this week.  I was really happy and have shared the news with many different people this morning already.  I think the Lord is really trying to get me to pay attention to him and forget other factors.  It worked, that's for sure.

3.  The tooth fairy came to the house last night.  She didn't show up until 6:40 this morning and as I was getting the tooth out from under Bug's pillow and sliding the money under (it was a dollar in quarters), she rolled over and looked at me.  With my hand still under the pillow, I leaned down and whispered, "How did you sleep?"  She said fine and then I started kissing her on the cheek, while I pulled my hand out.  After my shower, Bug asked me, "What were you doing in my room this morning?"  I said, "I was really excited for you to see if the tooth fairy had come or not, so I was in there looking for myself."  Way to think on my feet.  She bought it but I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to keep this up.  This is the second time I've almost gotten caught.

4.  We have two kids birthday parties tomorrow and my hubs wants friends to come over tomorrow night for his birthday celebration.  Only problem is the second birthday celebration is at 5 p.m.  We usually play cards, so I'm hoping to be home by 7 to play cards with the hubs.  It's going to be a cutting things close tomorrow, but I think we are going to be able to do it.

5.  I have 11 miles on tap.  I'm hoping that since the 6 miles went wonderful Wednesday and I was able to run a 7:47 pace at the end of 3 mile run after doing a 30-minute spin class, that this run will be just as awesome.  Fingers crossed.

I've come across a great giveaway of a Road ID, just hop on over to this hilarious blog to check it out.  She's so funny, her children are adorable, and I really, really want to win a Road ID for Bug so she can wear it while she plays soccer and when she starts running 5K's again.   

I think this is the longest Friday five I've done in a while. I hope my happiness has come through today and that if your down and need something to make you smile, or something to make you say to yourself "Wow, she's doing awesome!" that this is the post that will do just that.

Have a wonderful Friday, I know I will.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment