Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Feeling the results

This morning I drug myself out of bed at the ungodly hour of 5:50, quickly got dressed and headed out the door for a six mile run.  I use to be scared of any miles over 3.  Now I'm a little concerned about any miles over 13.  I really love 6 mile runs because your out there for almost an hour and yet you still feel like you accomplished something most people cannot do, let alone before they go to work for the day.

I decided that since it was still really dark outside at 6 a.m., I would run through my neighborhood for as much of the run as I could before venturing out further.  I made it 2 miles before I even left the neighborhood.  When I did hit the two mile mark, I though only 4 more miles to go, I'll venture out for 2 miles and then turnaround and come back home.  It didn't even hit me when I thought of that, that the 2 mile marker I was basting that time off of was when the run would end and I would still be about half a mile away from home.  It hit me at 4.5 miles into the run, the exact same time my Ipod died.  Fail on two accounts of this run but for all that, I still had one of the best runs I've had in a really long time.  I managed to squeak out the 6 miles in 53:34 for an average pace of 8:53 (I believe, I don't have my watch and Garmin connect is still acting up for me.)  Last week I ran 6 miles in almost 56 minutes I believe.  I also felt really great during the run.  I could feel my stomach muscles contracting and I felt stronger on the run.  I actually was really surprised when I would look down at my watch and see 8:30 pace at times.  I made myself reel it in some, so I wouldn't crash and burn any during the run.  I didn't and I'm super proud of myself. 

Tonight the hubs and I have Day 9 of Insanity.  It's the crazy cardio circuit that I have actually come to love.  It works everything and afterwards I feel as though I can do anything. 

So far this week I'm feeling amazing.  I'm loving the early morning workouts.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

Angela :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment