Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's Thursday

This week is flying by.  I'm super excited that one it's Thursday and two we have paid our last bill for our t.v. we purchased this month last year.  One bill down and three to go and we will not have a credit card/loan bill to pay.  My car will be paid at the end of the year, hopefully we will get the hubs Dell card paid off quickly, and then my dad's loan is the only thing left.  I'm super excited.  This is something that's needed to happen for a long time now.

Yesterday I had 4 miles on tap and because of poor sleeping Tuesday night (falling asleep at 2:30 and then not sleeping good, for the alarm to go off at 6:30, just wasn't going to happen) I moved my run back to the afternoon.  When the weather people say there is a heat advisory in effect, you really  need to listen.  I knew that speed of any form was out of the question, so my only goal was to go for as long as I could but listening to my body and stopping when I thought I had done enough.  I kept the run in the low 8's/high 9's for the first 2.5 miles but after that it just got hard and I stopped at 3 miles.  I knew better than to push it and also with a race on Saturday, it just wouldn't have been wise to kill myself.  This afternoon after spin class, I'll get in 4 miles on the treadmill and then on Saturday I'll get in a total of 5 miles, one mile to the race (warmup), 3.1 miles of speed work (knew I would get it in someway), and then a one mile run home (cool down).  So I will still get all of my miles in for the week, just doing them on my own terms.

My goals for the trail run on Saturday is like this:

1.  Try to break 23:30, if possible.  With it being a trail run and with my speed lacking as of late, I just don't think a PR is in me at the moment.

2.  Hopefully run a 23:32, that's my PR at the moment and I'm hoping that I'll get there.

3.  Finish before 24:00.  I know without a doubt I can run a 24:30 5k, so I'm hoping I'll be able to hang on and beat 24:00.  We shall see.

I don't have any big plans to really PR this race and since my whole office will be out there plus a lot of friends that I know, I'm just super excited to run this race.  This will be the first time my boss will actually get to see me on race day mornings.  He's never seen me run but we talk about it all the time.

Tomorrow's Friday, my favorite day of the week, so I'll be back tomorrow with some random Friday facts.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment