Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Review

Wow three posts in one day.  You guys should feel very special. 

Like I mentioned previously I ran a 5k race on Saturday.  After the race, I got home and was greeted by these two beautiful people
a future rock star and
a future robber, LOL!!!  She found this ski hat and decided to wear it on her face.  It was so funny to see her walking down the hallway with this on her face.  I had to laugh.

We got ready to head to a friend's son's 10th birthday party.  Considering it was outdoors and a pool party, it seemed the rain went away just in the nick of time.  We got out to the party and immediately jumped in the pool.  It was a lot of fun until about 30 minutes later when big black thunder clouds came rolling in and everyone was scrambling to get out of the pool.  We were trying to get the truck loaded back up to head home before the rain hit but the hubs and I were moving way to slow and ended up getting soaked while trying to get the girls loaded in and our other stuff in the back.  We laughed.  Once we got home, everyone laid down for some naps while it rained.  It was one of the best Saturday's I have had in a long time.  Just relaxing.

Sunday morning rolls around and the sun is beaming.  I decided that the girls will play in the kiddie pool while I lay in the driveway (because I'm a redneck) to get some sun.  We head to church, come home, eat lunch and then the sun slips away and the storm clouds come out and it ends up raining pretty much the rest of the afternoon.  So what does one do when their plans are foiled yet once again, why watch Harry Potter 6.  The hubs, Bug, and I watch Harry Potter 6 while Monkey napped.  Again, we had a wonderful afternoon just relaxing at home.

I absolutely loved the weekend.  It was one of those weekends where the hubs looked at me and said, "I had a really great weekend."  He very rarely tells me that so it made me smile and I wish I could go back in time (like on that movie Groundhog Day) and just keep it on repeat.

Let's hope next weekend is the same.

Angela :)

1 comment: