Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pulling double duty

This morning my alarm went off at the ungodly hour of 5:20.  I actually considered turning it off and just skipping the spin class.  But I promised the lady I was filling in for that I would teach them, so I got up and was out the door by 5:35.  The class started at 5:45.  Luckily I had 4 people show up.  I was pretty pumped because not many people will show up at 5:45 IN THE MORNING for a spin class.  I, thought, I had a pretty good class.  I got my sweat on and everyone seemed pretty happy and tired when the 30 minutes was up.

After the class, I changed into my running shorts and hopped on the treadmill for the 2 miles I was suppose to run yesterday.  I squeaked out the 2 miles in 17:38 (I believe).  I actually felt really strong during these two miles and was even able to pull off an 8 minute/mile pace at the end.  Loved it.

On my lunch break I'll do the 30-minute abs class and then take the rest of the day off to rest. 

Yesterday I had to teach a 45-minute spin class.  It started at 6.  When I got there, there wasn't a whole lot of people but by the time 6 rolled around, I had 8 people.  My only problem with yesterday's class was my CD wasn't long enough.  I hadn't thought the whole class out and we had 10 minutes to kill, so instead of just trying to make stuff up, I asked for request from them.  It gave them a chance to redo something they really liked and everyone left happy and sweaty.  I was pretty pumped up myself.

I have two more classes to teach this week and on top of that 15 more miles to run.  I'm a little scared looking at my training schedule but pretty excited and thinking that if I feel alright after Saturday's 8 mile run, I might just keep the two early morning spin classes in my rotation.  It might an early morning wake-up call but I do better on my runs in the morning than I do in the afternoon, so I really need to start doing it more.

As for the rest of my week, my schedule and training looks a little like this:

Monday - Taught 45 minute spin class.
Tuesday - Taught 30 minute spin class/ran 2 miles in 17:38/abs class
Wednesday - 5 mile run (3 at 7:52 pace)/teach 45 minute spin class
Thursday - 2 mile run/abs class
Friday - Teach 30 minute spin class
Saturday - 8 miles at a 9:23 pace

Wow, oh wow, what a busy week.  I actually love it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment