Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Speed Demon

Yesterday after work I had plans of running 3 miles.  All day the sky darkened and thunder threatened my run to the treadmill at the gym.  As I got the black-eyed peas on the stove and ready to simmer while I ran, the hubs joked that I wasn't going to make it.  I kept giving him the evil eye as I hurridly got all my gear together and headed outside.  The girls were playing with friends in the front yard, so I told them I'd be right back and took off, like a bat out of hell.

I haven't ran that fast, just for a training run, in who knows how long.

Mile 1 - 8:08
Mile 2 - 8:11
Mile 3 - 8:33
Total miles: 3
Average pace: 8:17
Time: 24:55
Calories burned: 305

Before I left to go on this run, I told the hubs that I would only need 25 minutes to get it done.  When I walked inside, I smiled and told him I was 5 seconds faster than what I told him I would be.  I couldn't stop smiling.  Funny how the little things make you happy.

I think that was just what I needed.  I didn't think I had speed in my anymore.  I haven't ran fast, outside of races, just to run fast.  Also I noticed I wasn't breathing that hard.  Sure I was breathing fast, but it felt comfortable.  I think I need to up my ante and quit playing mind games with myself.

So today I have 4 miles on tap.  I didn't get the run in before work this morning because the day is suppose to be overcast and there are suppose to be thunderstorms this evening after work, so I will be getting the run done on my lunch break.  I'm honestly looking forward to it because I really love to run down on  River Walk.  It's mostly shaded and I love just getting out by the river and just running.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.  I know I am.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment