Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Is the week almost over

No is the answer to that question.  For some reason, Tuesday's are the long hill up a roller coaster, you know your eventually going to get to the top, it just feels as though the coaster has broken down and your sitting on the side of that hill waiting for something to happen.  This Tuesday feels that way to me.  I'm ready for the weekend to get here but at the same time, I don't want to rush the week.  Weird, I know.

Good news though, this afternoon at abs class, the lady I usually sub for on Thursday's asked me if I wanted the class until I could no longer teach it.  I, of course, said yes.  So now I'll be an official spin instructor again at the Y.  I'm super excited because not only does it offer me the chance to change up my routine, but it also pays $9/hour, even though I'm only there for 30 minutes.  I'll make an extra $36 a month with this class and we could definitely use the money.  I might have to stop the class come September, but it really depends on what Bug's soccer schedule looks like.

Yesterday morning I didn't want to get out of bed, like normal on a Monday morning, so I pushed my 2 mile run back to the afternoon.  Luckily for me, the girls are in VBS this week, so I dropped them off at church, went home to change and instead of getting in 2 miles I decided to go for 3.  I felt pretty good for the run but at the end, my garmin kept showing a 9:45 pace but I just didn't feel like I was going that slow. 

Mile 1 - 8:36
Mile 2 - 8:38
Mile 3 - 8:52
Total miles - 3
Total time - 26:14
Average pace - 8:42
Calories burned - 302

The rest of my week looks a little like this:

Monday - 3 miles in 26:14
Tuesday - abs class
Wednesday - 5 miles (3 at 7:52ish pace)
Thursday - 2 miles/abs class/spin class
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 10 miles

I just hope that I have no problems getting the rest of the runs in and done.  My hip started bothering me last night after the 3 mile run and I believe (really I know) it was because I didn't stretch properly after the run.  I instead downloaded some new tunes to my Ipod and then jumped into a semi-hot shower.  Not so good for the hip muscle.

It felt really good stretching it in abs class today so hopefully tomorrow morning's 5 miler will go smoothly.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, we are almost on the other side of that hill.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment