Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's Thursday

My girls are at my MIL (mother-in-law)'s house until next Friday.  When we told Bug last night over Skype that she would be there until then, she kinda got upset.  I thought she was going to start crying and then both girls started shaking their hands no and saying they would miss us to much. 

But with them being gone, it's given me time to experiment with different foods, to make what I want to eat for dinner, and time to go running after work without feeling guilt of any kind.  Monday the hubs and I went to the gym together, Tuesday I got up early for a 4 mile run, yesterday after work I did a 30-minute tempo run that I thought was going to kill me and today after work, I'm going to run 4 miles starting from my building and just going wherever my legs lead me. 

Saturday I'm going to my SIL (sister-in-law)'s house to lay out in the pool with no kids screaming for me to hold them, not begging the hubs to please watch the girls so I can lay out and not having to work in naps and the such.  I'm looking forward to just relaxing this weekend with no kids to take care of.  I'm super excited. 

So like I mentioned in the second paragraph, I had a 30-minute tempo on schedule for yesterday.  Since I ended up working almost 30 minutes overtime yesterday, the run got started later than I had anticipated.  I started way too fast, clocking in 7:30's at some points on my watch.  Knowing I was going to eventually fade in the heat, I tried to get myself to reel in the speed and work on form.  When I got to 15 minutes I stopped my watch and just took a semi-break.  Stretched, caught my breath, and told myself that I could do anything for 15 minutes.  Found some pump-you-up music on the Ipod and just tried to hang on for 15 more minutes.  It didn't work.  After like two minutes I had stop and walk for a few seconds to catch my breath.  It was a straight shot to hell after that.  It was HOT, I was miserable, tired, and wanted to be done so bad.  I pushed myself through the run and will, from now on, do these first thing in the mornings.

Today I have 4 miles on tap.  Considering I don't have to rush home for anything, I'm going to take my time and focus again on form.  Stretching my stride.  I find I have a short stride and when I stretch it, I find I can run faster for a little bit longer.  I'm going to focus this run purely on making sure I keep my stride long the entire time. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thursday.  The weekend is almost upon us.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment