Monday, June 20, 2011

It's been a great weekend

I know I was suppose to go running on Saturday but when your friend talks you into going out Friday night and the highs on Saturday are going to be around 100 degrees, it just never happened.

So like I mentioned, my friend talked me into going out Friday night.  Luckily for me, I managed to have an awesome time spending NO MONEY!!!!  That's right, I went out for free.  It was a great (I was so hung over) feeling knowing that my checking account never got hit and yet I drank way too much.  I didn't get to bed until 2:30 and woke up around 7:30 because the hubs had to go to work and needed coffee.  After lounging around until about 10, feeling sorry for myself and hating my life, I took some advil, drank two huge cups of water and jumped in the shower.  I felt semi-normal and we went to my cousin's daughter's 2nd birthday party.  After spending an hour there, Monkey and I went to the grocery store, where I managed to ring up $136 in groceries and managed to walk out only spending $83.  Super duper excited about that.

Saturday night, we had a "Burger Bar" get together.  Everyone brought something to go on top of hamburgers and the hubs grilled the burgers.  We had lettuce, tomatoes, onions, hamburger pickles, cheese, bacon, etc.  My BFF brought the best dip ever, I swear I could eat the bowl she brought the dip in it is that good.  Monkey and I tore that dip up, but we did reserve ourselves, just a little, for others to at least try it.  There was nothing left at the end of the night because everyone just loved.  We then played Texas Hold'em where I made a dumb move and ended up going out much earlier than expected but that's what happens when your TIRED from the dumb mistakes you made Friday night.

Yesterday I took the girls to church, where Bug kept asking me, "How much longer" and "Is it almost over" and where Monkey didn't want to leave.  She probably could have stayed and played all day if I let her.  I then made breakfast for breakfast/lunch for the hubs.  We had eggs, bacon, and grits.  It was so good.  I left nothing behind.  Naps was had by all and then we went to my sister's house for a fried food (give you a heart attack) meal.  They had fried bacon, fried dove, fried onions, grilled dove, etc.  It was all pretty good but that fried bacon would be the death of me.  I had to restrain myself from tearing up the box they put it in.  It was that good.  MMMMMM fried bacon.

My girls will be gone all week and probably, if the hubs gets his way, all next week.  They are at his mom's house where his nephew will be until the end of July and the girls will be staying until I say go get them.  If I have it my way, they will be home Sunday.  I can't let them get away from me too long but this week is something I need and I'm really looking forward to some alone time with the hubs and some after work exercising without feeling guilty.

Speaking of exercise, the hubs is going to go to the gym with me tonight (fingers crossed).  I have 3 miles on tap for running and afterwards I'll do about 15/30 minutes of weights.  I'm hoping he'll show me some moves and what to do.  I need to get these T-Rex arms in better shape.

My training schedule for this week looks something like this:

Monday: 3 miles/weights
Tuesday - 4 miles/abs class
Wednesday - 30 minute tempo run
Thursday - 2 miles/weights/abs class
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 8 miles
Sunday - Rest

I hope I can handle it better this week than last and since I haven't ran since Thursday, my hip should give me no problems.

This is major long, so I'll let you guys go.  Have a wonderful Monday.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment