Monday, June 27, 2011

Hurry up Friday

My girls will be home on Friday and OMG I miss them.  I almost started to cry last night after I got off of Skype with them.  I miss their little faces, their loud squeals of laughter, Monkey's begging of food, Bug's t.v., and just everything that goes with having kids.  Don't get me wrong, I had a wonderful weekend with the hubs, but I could tell something was missing the whole weekend.  I want them home and I want them home like yesterday. 

But considering I had no kids this weekend, I got up around 7 and went for a 6 mile run Saturday morning.  Truthfully I was really not looking forward to this run.  I thought it was going to be terrible from the beginning.  I was still sore from the four days in a row of running, so I just didn't think I would be really into this run. 

Overall though, the run was great.  I managed to hit 6 miles in 54 minutes.  I was happy with myself as long as I stayed around the 9 minute/mile.  I didn't want to push any faster than that and I knew I would be angry with myself if I went any slower than that. 

Saturday afternoon, I went with the hubs to get his hair cut and we managed to get some steak subs for $10 (I'm really digging coupons).  We then went to the SIL's house and spent some time with them in their pool and then headed over to the hub's friends apartment complex to hang out in their pool.  So all-in-all we spent a majority of the day in pools.  Such fun and I really enjoyed being able to relax in the pool with no kids. 

Sunday was spent lounging around on the couch, in the bed, and in the recliner.  I did get up around 5:30 and rode my bike to the library to return some books and check out some new ones.  I'm in a reading slump at the moment, so if you can have any good suggestions on some good books, shoot them my way.  I need something.

Today after work I'm planning on running 3 miles and doing some weights at the gym.  I'm hoping to talk to the hubs into coming with me again, or at least telling him to come down to the gym after about 20 minutes or so to help me with the weights. 

The rest of my week looks like this:

Monday - 3 miles/??weights??
Tuesday - 5 miles/abs
Wednesday - 30 minute tempo run
Thursday - 3 miles/??weights??/abs
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 7 miles

It's basically last week's schedule.  My official training for the 15.5k starts this week.  I used last week to see how my body would handle four days of running.  It did well, so I'm going to continue with the four days a week.  I was tired, my hip was a little achy, nothing I couldn't handle, but I felt really great.  I'm hoping this will help get some of the weight off.  We shall see.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment