Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How did that happen

Yesterday after work I went home, changed into my running gear, checked to make sure the roast was doing good in the crock pot and then headed out the door for my 3 mile run. 

In all honesty, I was really trying for an easy pace.  I ended up with 3 miles in 25:28 (dummy me forgot to upload the information from my watch, it will be done tonight.)  So anywho, I have no idea where the speed came from.  I actually felt great running the miles in that time.  I just love when a run through you for a complete surprise and you do better than you anticipated. 

This afternoon I have 5 miles on tap.  Since I was running late getting from the house to work, I decided I would just go home, get dinner thrown together for the hubs and then head out for my 5 mile run.  Again, having no kids, and with the new expansion pack about to drop today on WOW (World of Warcraft) I have no qualms about going for a run this evening.  My hip bothered me a little last night and that is the main reason I pushed this run to the evening.  I'm not taking any chances and if it bothers me again or causes more pain, then I'll revamp my training program.  I'm not getting sidelined and listening to my body is the best way to prevent me from getting sidelined.

I can't believe that I have another 5k in a week.  My mom is running this 5k with me and she hasn't really prepared herself for it, but I keep telling her about it.  She'll do great no matter what happens, I have faith.

Well I'm going to leave this post short and sweet.  Gotta get some work done, considering that's what they pay me for, not blogging.  Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment