Thursday, June 30, 2011

Doing the happy dance

Only one more day and my girls will be home in my arms and in my eye sight.  I won't have to talk to them through Skype and I'll get to hold them and love on them until they beg and squeal with protests to be let go.  I told my boss this morning that if he can't me crying between today and tomorrow, not to worry it's because my girls will be home in 24 hours.  Fighting tears right now.

Let's talk about yesterday's poor attempt at a tempo run.  I said this last week and I'll reaffirm it this week, never do a tempo run in the afternoon when it's like 105 degrees outside.  It doesn't work.  I decided to hit up the local college because they have some great trails and I could get in some decent running in a different location.  I got in a warm-up mile, set my watch to a quick run of 3.5 miles in 30 minutes.  I failed completely on the quick run.  I managed to get in 2.11 miles before I had to call it quits.  I didn't even beg the hubs to use the computer when I got home to upload my information because I was that bummed about the whole thing.  I knew better but I was hoping a new location would make the run more enjoyable.  Lesson learned, again, tempo/speed workouts need to be done first thing it the morning.

I might/might not get in my 3 miles this afternoon.  This hasn't been my best week for running but to be honest, I just haven't feel like running.  I've been more focused on getting to Friday, that when I should have been working out or running I just kept pushing it off.  Next week I'll reconfirm myself to running but this week, it's a lost cause and I'm not really bummed about it.  I will be cutting our grass, though.  Our neighbor finally cut his grass and now we stand alone in looking like the red-headed stepchild.  So I'll get my sweat on pushing the lawn mower around the yard.

Last night the hubs and I joined a friend of ours for trivia at Beef O' Bradys.  It was a lot of fun but the service could be something to be desired.  We ordered food at 8:30ish and it finally arrived about 30 minutes later.  I almost fell and busted my butt, but the bar caught my arm and so instead I have a bruise on my arm and a bruise ego, and I thought the waitress ran off with my credit card.  She didn't but if she did, she would have been very upset, there isn't a lot on that card.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday.  See everyone tomorrow.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment