Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thursday's Fun

This morning's workout called for speed.  I didn't feel the need for it, but I got up and went to the track anyways.  So glad I did.  I had a lot of fun, even though it was really a hard workout.  I actually ran this workout in just my sports bra and running shorts.  Didn't expect anyone to be there at 6 a.m. but lo and behold the school's groundkeepers came over to the field to turn off the water sprinklers while I was there.  Sorry guys if my flabby belly grossed you out, didn't expect you to be there.

So anywho I did manage to get through the 3.5 mile run.  At times it was easy and others it was very difficult.  I had many thoughts of quitting floating through my head but I pushed on and finished the run.  Here's the lowdown:

Mile 1 - 9:20 - Warm-up (It's almost a mile from my house to the track, perfect warm-up and cool down)
Mile 2 - 7:43 - As you can tell here's where the 4x400's came into play.  I didn't change my watch to clock the 400's so this is all I got. 
First 400 - Oh, this is easy.  Might need to slow it down some but this isn't so bad.
Second 400 - Okay this is starting to hurt a little.
Third 400 - I think I'm going to puke and this is way harder than I first thought.
Last 400 - Don't want to but I'm going to.  It's only one lap, you got this.
Mile 3 - 8:50 - The end of the 400's and start of my cool down run.
.57 - 9:03 - Rest of the cool down on the way home.
Total miles: 3.57
Total time: 31:05
Average pace: 8:42
Calories burned: 359

400's are no joke.  They are hard, they are difficult and I see them working in 5k's.  I think the middle 400's let my legs and lungs feel what its like during the middle of a 5k.  It's going to help and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.  I'm doing the same exact workout next week and then upping the 400's as the month goes on.

I am going to rework my running schedule just a little.  Realizing that I did a tempo run on Wednesday followed by speedwork on Thursday, I'm feeling a little tired.  So I'm going to do my tempo runs on Monday, easy runs on Wednesday, track work on Thursday and long easy runs on Saturday.  This should make my runs more productive.  I'll definitely incorporate it into next week's schedule.

Today's abs class and I'm pretty excited for it.  I'm still feeling the soreness from Tuesdays class, so I can't wait to see what the instructor has in store for us today.

Have a wonderful Thursday guys.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment