Thursday, May 5, 2011

Three workouts/one day

This morning I tried my hardest to hit my snooze button as many times as possible before finally giving in and getting my big booty out of bed.  Since I laid out all of my running gear the night before, the only thing I had to do was brush my teeth, hit the bathroom, and turn on my Garmin while I got dressed. 

I was out in the streets running at 6:15 this morning.  It was chilly so I was thankful for the long-sleeve Nike running top I had decided to put out the night before.  I also had on bright pink shorts, so if a car couldn't see me, they were definitely blind and didn't need to be behind the wheel of a car anyways. 

Right away I knew the run was going to be a great one.  I had a great song pumping into my ears that left me wanting to hear it again about half a mile into the run when I suddenly lost my grip in my mp3 player and it hit the road.  CRAP!!!!  I got everything hooked back up and turned it back on for it only play like 2 seconds of a song and then freeze up.  So I spent approximately 2 minutes trying to figure it out (all while running) before I gave up and just ran the rest of the run sans music.  Honestly, it wasn't all that bad.  I only ran 4 miles so it went by pretty quickly.  I'm not sure if I can make it further than 5 without music (did that yesterday) so I have to get it working again before Saturday's 6/8 miler.

I'm also happy to report that I have ran 3 days in a row.  I haven't ran this many days in a row since high school.  I was a little hesitant last night to go for this run this morning, fear of my hip pain returning, but decided to just go with it and if I felt any sort of pain from the hip, I would go on back home and just be happy with whatever miles I could get in. 


I'm really looking forward to abs class.  Even though I still have the shakes while doing some of the moves, I know my abs are getting the moves.  Definition is definitely starting to show.  I'm really happy I found this class.  I can also tell that my ab work is helping in my running, well that and better training.   Here's the proof, I ran my first half marathon with basically no training with only one 12 miler under my belt.  I finished that half marathon in 2:14.  After that, I found another half marathon in Panama City Beach, FL in October.  I started working on a half marathon training schedule when I got hit with my hip injury.  I had to cut back on my runs until I could run with no pain and added in the abs class.  I managed to get in two pretty decent long runs in that training and finished that half marathon in 2:08.  My third half marathon, I did the best I could with my training schedule and got in a lot of pretty decent long runs of 9, 10, 11, and 12 milers.  I stuck with the ab work during the whole training process and ran away with a time of 1:57.  So you can see, core work is pretty important to help with running.

This afternoon I have to teach a spin class.  Luckily the class is only 30 minutes long because I sat down to make a CD for the class and realized all of my good music is on the computer that is no longer working and I can't get to that music until the hubs can figure out to get the computer to come and stay on long enough for us to get that file folder off.  Luckily for me I have a CD that does have some of the songs I wanted to use, so I'll be going through that CD today to get it ready for this afternoon's class.  Let's hope the older people enjoy my style of music.

Well this has gotten out of control long.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday.  I have so far and I'm hoping the day only gets better from here on out.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment