Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I don't usually blog on the weekends, even though I had time yesterday, I decided to save this post until today.  Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mom's out there. 

I didn't get to go for a run on Saturday.  The hubs had to be at work at 7:30, Bug had a soccer game that started at 11:15 (we had to be there at 10:45) and it was just way to hot.  So by the time it cooled down a little to go for a run, I just didn't.  Instead I spent most of Saturday playing Guitar Hero, Warriors of Rock on the Wii.  Awesome game.  I love Guitar Hero.

So my plan was to get up early Sunday morning and get that run in.  You guessed it, it never happened.  After thinking of how my day was already basically timed out for me, I realized that getting up at 7:30 just wasn't going to be ideal to get a run in when I had to be somewhere by 9.  So I decided to try and get that run in around 5:30ish when it would be a touch cooler.  You guessed it, it never happened.  Instead I watched Harry Potter 2 with the fam.  Bug has never seen the movies, so we are watching them all (we have 6 out of the 8) on Sundays.  I would have rather been at home doing that with my family than out trying to get in a sucky run when I really didn't want to.

So I'm scrapping last week at 12 miles.  I'm starting over new this week and will get in 4 miles after work.  I'm also going to start incorporating speed work into my Wednesday runs by doing some tempo miles and then on Thursday, I'll incorporate track work.  Should be simple enough, we shall see.

I was pleasantly surprised by the gifts my mom got me for Mother's Day.  I got these two items:

I have been wanting a travel mug ever since I discovered coffee (it only took me 30 years to decide that I actually enjoy coffee).  I was so floored by getting this travel mug that it took me a few minutes to notice this inside of it.

Yes I'm wearing it today even though football season doesn't start until September.  I will actually wear this EVERY SINGLE DAY no matter what season it is.  I LOVE IT.  I've been looking at getting one of these watches for years.  THANK YOU SO MUCH MOM,  I LOVE IT AND YOU.

Bug made this for me at school.  It's a pen so not only is it pretty, its functional and the flower will never die.  Score!!!!  I really do love it.

I had a really great day yesterday.  Mother's Day was great this year. 

Have a wonderful Monday guys.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment