Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Chicken Pox

Have you ever had the Chicken Pox????  I had them all over as a child.  They were every where.  I remember itching and my mom putting pink lotion on me and making me try not to scratch. 

Well when Bug was a baby they gave her the chicken pox shot, she did get exposed to them but never got it.  So when I was told that Monkey had been exposed to the chicken pox, I was semi-excited.  Not because I want my child to go stir crazy trying not to scratch what itches, but because having them as a child is so much easier than having them as an adult.  My sister would be very unlucky if one of her children come down with them.  She only had like three poxes when she was a baby and has been told that if ever came in contact with the virus again, she would most likely get it again.  I would not want to be in that boat.

On to other things.  Yesterday evening I went for a 4 mile run.  I didn't run it any faster than normal but during mile 2/3 I knew I was going a little bit faster than normal (8:05 pace at one time) and didn't really feel winded.  I think listening to a rock song that I like but never run to helped.  I listened to that song like three times in a row during those miles.  I love it when a good power song comes on and you felt like you are just cruising along at a 9 minute pace and when you finally do check your watch, it says 8:05 pace.  It brought a big smile to my face.

Today I have abs class and then tomorrow I'm planning 6 miles with 4 at that 8sh pace.  I'm a little concerned about 6 miles before work but I'm planning on getting up and getting them miles done.  No seconding guessing myself, no putting it off, no I'll do it later, I'm getting up and getting it done.  No questions about it.

Well I hope that everyone has a wonderful Tuesday. 

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment