Thursday, April 14, 2011

Where has the week gone

It's Thursday already and because of only having one computer at home (we use to have two until mine died two weeks ago) I haven't had the time I usually have to upload pictures of my trip to New York to share with you all.  Don't worry, I'm going to post the pictures and tell the tale but until I have time at home to get on the computer, it's a work in progress.

I have also taken a mini-week in the exercise department.  I'm still running, Tuesday I ran 2 miles and yesterday 4 miles but they are nothing to write home about.  We did so much walking and I did get a 6 miler in at Central Park last Saturday, that I'm just taking a cutback week.  Feels good but I'm also feeling the weight creep back on.  Must stop that now.

I finally have a race coming up.  Well it's in June but I haven't raced since March 12 and I'm itching, itching I tell ya., to get back out there.  It's the Loop the Lake 5k, the one that I PRd at last year but have since broken that PR back in March.  I'm hoping to possibly go sub 22 at this 5k.  I'm going to start incorporating a lot of speedwork and hitting the track up for some speedy 400's, 800's and 1600's.

I also have a confession to make.  Since I've decided to go ahead and run a full marathon next year, I'm also going to drop 10 more pounds.  I know that I could possibly run a little faster but also feel better about myself with 10 more pounds gone.  I'm not going to really go into to much detail on the blog about the transformation, but I'm fixing to get my big ole booty back into working out mode.  I've been out for so long that I just know it's going to be tough getting up in the morning but it's something that needs to be done.  Also I'm getting rid of the unwanted sugars, chocolate (gasp did I just say get rid of chocolate) and cut back on my caffeine intake.  I usually drink around 4 Dt. Pepsi's a day but I know that if I cut that back to one a day, cut back my coffee intake to one cup a day and take out the sugars and use sugar-free creamer, that will help out tremendously.  I also need to add more vegetables and fruits to my diet and get rid of the bread and fatty foods that I love so much.

This is going to be so hard but I've done it before I know without a shadow of a doubt I can do it again.  Here goes nothing.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment