Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday 3 Miler

So in my previous post I mentioned that I was going to run 3 miles on my lunch break. 

It was a great three miler and even though  I was sucking wind and for sure thought I was going to upchuck after it was done, I am so glad I got out there and got back to running.  Hello running, how I've missed you.

Here's the low down of the run in mile splits:

Mile 1: 8:25
Mile 2: 8:25
Mile 3: 8:35
Total Miles: 3
Total time: 25:27
Calories Burned: 302
Average pace: 8:28

I didn't have any music and I really regretted that but overall it was a great run.  One that I hope I can do again on Wednesday.

Tomorrow I'm getting up early to start going to spin again, will work on the weight machines, and then do abs class at lunch time.  Wednesday will be 3 miles, Thursday 3 miles with abs class at lunch, Friday rest, Saturday 5 miles, and Sunday rest.

I'm slowly going to increase my Saturday runs but since I have ran more than 6 miles, I figured there is no need to just jump back out there without working back at it slowly.  I plan on increasing my mileage as the weeks go on.  I'll start training for the 15k sometime in July and I already have a training schedule printed out for that.  For the 5k that is in June, I really need no schedule, just get out and run.


As for eating better, well I think I'm on the right path, just need more afternoon snacks.  This morning for my mid-morning snack I had a Snicker's Protein Bar, then for lunch I had a chicken ceasar salad that I got yesterday from Walmart along with an apple.  For my mid-afternoon snack I had the serving size of the Pepperidge Farm Snack Sticks.  I haven't had any other caffiiene except for the coffee I drank this morning, so I'm definitely looking forward to dinner already.  I get that Diet Pepsi then. 


Let's hope I can keep this up.  I don't plan to weigh myself again until May 2.  No real reason why, that's just the date I picked to check the weight again.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment