Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Let the madness begin

Yesterday started the first day of spring soccer practice for Bug.  To say the fields were a madhouse is an understatement.  It's was pure craziness out there.  First off, you could tell the newbie parent's were having a hard time finding their correct fields and you even had some coaches who couldn't find the right places to go.  Second, it turned out to be a chilly afternoon.  I felt bad for Monkey because I had her in a t-shirt and a skirt.  She kept complaining that she was cold and I had nothing n the truck for her.  I was cold also and when I tried to see where the hubs was, he was no where close to the house to bring us a jacket or a blanket.  So luckily practice ended semi-early and we were able to get on home and get warm.  On Thursday I'm definitely going to be better prepared for this crazy winter/spring weather.

I didn't tell everyone how my Monday 3 miler went.  I opted to go to the gym and get the run done on the treadmill because it looked as though it was going to storm any minute.  I finished the run at a 7:23 minute pace but ran the 3 miles in 25:42.  I was pleased with the run and luckily was able to work out the tightness that had settled into my calf muscles from the 12 miler on Saturday.

Yesterday after my meeting with Bug's speech therapist, which she is doing wonderfully in, I met my sister at my house.  She had previously agreed to run 3 miles with me and I agreed to not leave her.   Here's the splits from our run:

Mile 1 - 9:32
Mile 2 - 10:24
Mile 3 - 10:31
Total miles: 3
Total time: 30:31
Average pace: 10:09
Calories burned: 303

I was so proud of her.  She only stopped twice to walk and she only walked for a few seconds.  I stopped and walked with her.  I felt that I didn't really need to push it considering the race this weekend and I really didn't care how fast I did the run.  I was more primarily focused on her and getting her back to the house, with a smile on her face and not disliking me. 

I wish we could do more runs together.  I so believe that with a little more push from someone and more dedication from having a running partner, she would rock her socks off in a 5k, 10k, even a half marathon.  She has the drive to run, she just lacks the motivation to want to run more than 3 miles.  I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to run across a finish line of a race with her, or better yet, race her in a race.  That would be so much fun.

Today I have 5 miles on tap with 3 at an 8ish pace.  I'm not planning on killing myself and just really taking the run in stride with my last run before the race on Saturday.  This will be my 3rd day of running in a row so Thursday and Friday will be a much needed rest on my legs.  I plan on doing yoga and lots of stretching in these next two days to make sure the calves don't get too tight again. 

I'll fill you all in on how the run goes tomorrow. 

If your looking for some pretty bada** arm sleeves check out Laurie's review and giveaway.  They look pretty sweet and with the mornings still cooler, I could definitely use a pair of those for some of my early morning runs.

Angela :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, thanks for the link. :) It is so much easier to run with someone. I don't do it very often, but when do the run just seems to fly by. Hope your tempo run goes/went well.

    ReplyDelete