Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dog Training

Yesterday afternoon was GREAT!!!!  After dinner was done, dishes were washed and put up, counters were cleaned off and the food that made its way to the floor was swept up, we all went outside.  Bug practiced kicking her ball, Monkey practiced telling Cody want to do, the hubs practiced on his cleaning skills by getting the dog poop up and out of the yard, and I practiced my running with my four legged friend, Cody.

That's right folks, I took my dog out for his first run yesterday afternoon.  It was a battle between me wanting to go slow and him wanting to be a speed demon and fly down the street.  There was also the problem with everyone else decided to be outside walking/running their dogs also, so Cody was all about trying to play with them.  On some of the run it turned into a tug-of-war game.

We only ran a mile and it was a hard mile.  Cody did great keeping at a 9:00ish pace and toward the end, he was started to obey my commands.  He still wanted to sprint after other dogs or the random person that happened to walk by but overall it was a great run and I can't wait to do it all over again on Wednesday.

This morning I went to spin class.  I felt like I was sleep deprived and I know for a fact I wasn't because I went to bed at like 9:50 last night.  I feel like such an old lady at times, what with the early bed times, early rise times, but hey a girl has to do what a girl has to do to get beauty sleep and her workout in. 

I also went to my 30-minute abs class today.  OMG she killed me.  What's crazy is I was the only one to show up and then 5 minutes after class started another gentleman walked in, so my one-on-one abs class was over.  But I did get the option of working on a specific part of my abs.  I told her I didn't really have a specific area, so she then killed me.  I should have picked something, anything, other than letting her just kill me.

I'll definitely be paying for this tomorrow but before then, I have a gym date with a friend of mine.  She is wanting to start going to the gym on Tuesdays while the kids practice soccer.  Since I'm already a member of the Y and the kids practice like right outside the Y, we are going to hit up the gym today.  I don't plan on doing to much, maybe the stair master for about 20 minutes.  That's about all I'm going to be able to handle since I've done so much already today.

This is crazy long and probably crazy boring, so I'm out.

See you guys tomorrow.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment