Thursday, March 10, 2011

Crazy Wednesday and Thankful Thursday

So I don't usually look at the weather channel, weather.com, anything doing with the weather, I just don't check it.  I will occassionally check it if I have a race coming up or to see what the weather will be like for the week I might plan my vacation.  I will also take a look if someone says something about what the weather is suppose to be like. 

So yesterday morning when the alarm went off, I turned it off deciding to get my run in after work.  Guess what blew through my town yesterday starting at 1???  A terible thunderstorm which put us under a tornado watch until 5 p.m., and it was still raining when I got off at 5:30.  I then decided to go to the gym and workout on the treadmill but the hubs called and said that his dad asked him to help move a couch into his new apartment.  So I figured that once I got home, I could change and run up to the gym while dinner cooked and then get home just in time for the hubs to have to leave to go to his dad's.  It ended up not happening AT ALL!!!

So this morning I got up around 5:40 and headed to the gym just to get some miles in.  I had all kinds of numbers running through my head and decided on 4 miles (yesterday's run).  Since it was soooo windy outside, I opted to get this run done on the treadmill.  I ran the first mile at an 8:57 pace and then cranked up the mill for 2 miles at an 8:00 pace.  Then I cut the machine off and hobbled around the gym.  If your good at math, I ended up running 3 miles in 25:12 miles.  My hip started bothering me and since I'm not really training for anything at the moment and since I do have a 5k race this Saturday, I decided 3 was better than nothing.

I then went to abs class today where she proceeded to kill me.  The instructor has been incorporating more yoga into the abs class.  I'm getting better at being able to do the moves without having to stop and catch my breath, but let say that when says relax and stretch, I take full advantage. 

Tomorrow I'm going to spin class, then I'm thinking of hitting the treadmill for at least 2 miles, then hitting up the weights.  My arms felt like jello yesterday and my shoulders were sooo sore but it felt great because I know I'm getting some good moves in on different muscles.

Since I have no goals for Saturday's race, I'm not going to list any.  I've ran this same course so many times and I know my way around it (they use it for these run and then again in August.  I'll run the course 3 times then to get in the full 15.5k).  I haven't even picked out an outfit.  I'll decide Friday night I guess.

Have a happy Thursday.

Angela :)

1 comment:

  1. I am addicted to checking the weather. I think I do it 2 or 3 times before I send the kids out the door in the morning. I'm slightly obsessed. :)

    ReplyDelete