Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Review

So as I previously mentioned in here, I managed to have a pretty decent 12 mile run on Saturday morning.  With that time now etched in my head, plans of gettng my 2 hour 13.1 is all I can think about.  I'll post my goals and time on Thursday.  I'll also have my outfit picked out and ready to go.  I've looked at the weather for Saturday and it's suppose to be 75 (probably around 50 something at the start) but rainy.  Thunderstorms are possible, so let's hope that everything works out and the rain holds off until after I at least cross the finish line.

I have my splits from the run and here they are for those, who like me, love looking at mile splits:

Mile 1 - 8:58
Mile 2 - 8:52
Mile 3 - 8:44
Mile 4 - 8:52
Mile 5 - 9:02 - I was really worried at this time that these three really mean looking dogs were going to be able to get out of their fence.  I slowed down to make sure they weren't going to be able to and to make sure I could get to my cell phone, if needed.
Mile 6 - 9:10
Mile 7 - 8:56
Mile 8 - 8:49
Mile 9 - 8:47
Mile 10 - 8:52
Mile 11 - 8:53
Mile 12 - 8:49
Total miles: 12
Total time: 1:46:50
Av. pace: 8:54
Calories burned: 1,224

I also took two Gu's (Jet Blackberry) during this run, one at 5 miles and the other right before mile 10.  I'm thinking this is going to be plenty of fuel to get me through the race next weekend.  I've also used up all of the Gu's I got and have switched back to Hammer gels.  I'm not a Gu fan.  I love the Hammer gel products and I'm glad to have found this out before the actual race.  Hammer gels are a little sweeter and taste better overall to me.  I'm a huge fan of thei Apple Cinnamon, Tropical, Raspberry, Bananna.  I also got a new Hammer flavor to try, Huckleberry something.  I plan on taking that one 15 minutes before the race on Saturday but then using the Tropical flavors because of they have caffeine in them. 

Saturday night my SIL had her birthday party at the house.  It was a really fun time and we played Just Dance and Dance 2 on the Wii.  I'm so thinking of going to buy Just Dance.  It was a lot of fun and had some good songs on there.  My favorite was Step-by-Step by the New Kids on the Block.  Yes I was and still am a HUGE FAN of NKOTB.  I have some of their songs downloaded on my MP3 player and get really excited when one comes up.  Makes me happy and reminds me of my childhood.

Yesterday I just sat around the house being lazy.  Finally at about 2:30 I went and sat outside in the sun.  It was 80's and beautfiul.  I read while Monkey napped.  After she got up we went to my dad's house to visit.  I love my dad but there are times I've had enough of him and yesterday was one of those days.  Back in December the hubs and I borrowed some money from him and promised to pay him back every month.  Well I finally got around to getting the money yesterday out of the checking account and finally found the time to go over there.  All he could do was talk down to me.  After 15 minutes of him doing that I finally had enough and Monkey and I left.  It semi-ruined a good day.  My dad and I didn't have the best of relationships while I was growing up.  My mom and him split when I was 3 and my sister was 1.  He then remarried a lady who was really jealous of my sister's and I attention that my dad would give us every other weekend, which resulted in us not having anything to do with him once I turned 16 and was old enough to drive and didn't have to go over there every weekend.  Once they split and Bug was almost 3 he tried to patch up our relationship and it's still an ongoing thing.  We have happy moments but then he will do something like he did yesterday and I just can't take it. 

So anywho, after I got home, got dinner cooked, we were all in bed asleep by 9:30 last night.  Sometimes all you need is a really good night of sleep to have a good Monday morning.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment