Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Not getting off to a great start

Well this week isn't getting off to a great start.  One of these days, I'm really, honestly going to go by my training schedule and not do whatever I feel like. 

I honestly set my alarm for 5:40 this morning.  I honestly got up at 5:55 and instead of doing the 4 miles outside, went to the gym and hopped on the treadmill.  I ended up doing 3 miles and decided to move the 4 miles to Thursday.  I'm thinking of adding in some extra mileage this afternoon after work while dinner is cooking, I haven't decided what we are eating, so I might run 3 more miles just to think about what we are having.

Yesterday afternoon when I realized I wasn't going to be able to get that 4 mile run in (the kitchen was a mess and dishes needed to be washed ASAP) I decided to see about running 6 miles this morning and 5 miles on Thursday to make up for the 4 miles I missed yesterday.  So that's why I set my alarm so early and had all the determination in the world to get up and get it done, but then, as usual, I decided to be a lazy bum and then once I got to the gym and got on the treadmill, I decided that 3 on the mill would be enough.

Good thing about this morning, COFFEE!!!!  OMG I had the best cups of coffee this morning.  I set the coffee pot to start making coffee at 7 this morning.  I knew that after my shower it would be ready and ready it was.  I use the fat free vanilla caramel cream and sugar.  I love my coffee to have the latte feel to it.  I don't like the bitter taste of black coffee and am finding that I'm a lattee drinker.  I had two cups of coffee and one was poured it into a cup I could bring with me on my way to work.  I have a feeling a travel mug is in my immediate future.

So what do you think, should I run an additional THREE miles this afternoon to help make up for the missed miles yesterday or just go with what the schedule calls for and do 4 on Thursday since I did 3 today???

Have a wonderful day.

Angela :)

1 comment: