Boy has this week been a crazy one. When the bosses go out of town, there is no rest for the weary. We work hard to get everything taken care of so the days they are out, nothing much happens. We are also repacking boxes that have been in the attic for years. It's so dusty in here that my allergies are acting up like crazy.
Anywho, on to the important things, Friday Five:
1. Head over to Skinnyrunner and check out this awesome giveaway. I need to try a BIC band because my hair is short that all I usually do is put a clip in it. That band looked like something that would help keep my hair from getting in my face while I run, and if it doesn't work for me, I know Bug would just LOVE IT!!!!
2. I have 11 miles on tap for my birthday. Since all my other runs have been a bust this week, I'm really looking forward to this run in the morning. I have really come to enjoy the long runs because it gives me time to do something I love, but I also reflect on my day. It helps me to clear my head and leaves me feeling good for the day.
3. Speaking of runs that are suppose to make you feel good, yesterday I decided to take MONKEY, Bug, and the nephew over to the high school track. I figured it would be a good way for me to get in my 3 miles and let the kids run out some energy. Let's just say that for 7 laps all I heard everytime I passed Monkey was screaming and crying. 1.75 miles was all I was able to accomplish before I yelled. I had high hopes that she would run around with Bug but nope, she cried. It was awful.
4. I need spring to hurry up and get here. I'm tired of running on the treadmill. I miss running outside without bundling up. I find that I get stuck on one speed when I'm on the treadmill and for some reason I have a mental block of going over 4 miles. I just can't do it. I get to 4 and I find myself automatically turning the machine off.
5. MY BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW. I'll finally be 30. It's crazy that when we were little we thought 30 was old and now that I'm on my last day of my 20's, I'm really looking forward to being 30. For my birthday plans, we are getting rid of the girls, I have invited a lot of friends over, we are having tacos for dinner and then playing Texas Holdem. $30 buy-in for 30 years old. Also there will be tons of drinking, mostly by me, but tons of drinking. I'm so looking forward to it.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'll fill you all in on the run, birthday party and anything else that happens on Sunday.