Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy Hump Day Peeps

This morning the alarm went off at 5:20 and yes I crawled out of bed a couple of minutes later and made it to the gym by 5:35.  I got started on the treadmill for my 8 miler but after 3 miles I was completely done.  I turned the machine off for a couple of seconds, drank some water, had a heartfelt talk with myself and turned the machine back on and cranked out 2 more miles.  So I ended up running 5 miles of the 8.  I do plan on getting the rest of the miles in this afternoon after work.  It's suppose to be 57 degrees when I get home, so that should make for some nice running conditions.

Taking the day off yesterday really did help with my hip.  What also helps is all the new stretches I've been learning in abs class.  Yes, it's abs class but the instructor makes us use our whole body.  So we stretch out our legs and hips really good.  I've been incorporating a lot of those stretches in after my runs and I've noticed a huge difference in how I feel.  I'm not a limber person but at least I'm not hobbling around for a good hour waiting to loosen up.  It's done wonders.

Yesterday after I got home from work, the sun was still out shining so I sent Bug and the nephew outside to play.  Well Monkey wanted to go and I decided that she could while I finished dinner.  Bug was asked to keep an eye on her while they played.  I was cutting up chicken and all of a sudden I hear, "Mom I'm out here."  Monkey was standing out by the front porch and screamed that loud for us to hear her very well.  The hubs and I laughed.  I then sat at the living room window with half an eye on the t.v. and the other looking out the window.  Monkey had the time of her life.  She would walk up the porch and I would open the door and talk to her and then she would say "You need to shut that door." and then head on back down the steps to Bug.  It was so cute and it made me smile. 

The rain is suppose to come back tonight and rain all day tomorrow but it's suppose to be in the 60's over the weekend.  I'M SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT TYPE OF WEATHER!!!!! 

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment