Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Decisions, decisions

I posted that I was suppose to run 4 days in a row this week.  Well last night as I was laying in bed, my hip was bothering me a little, so this morning I decided not to push it and didn't get up and go to the gym for that 3 miles run.  But Angela, it's only 3 miles.  Well those 3 miles could end my running for a while.  I've decided to err on the side of caution and will run those 3 miles this afternoon, if I feel it will not hamper my 11 miler this Saturday.  I already run 4 days a week (Mon, Wed, Thurs, and Sat) I'm not sure if adding in one extra day is really going to hurt me or not.  Speaking of being hurt, I don't want to deal with the hip pain.   Another reason I decided not to push the run this morning was because of the 8 mile speedwork I have tomorrow.   I'm really looking forward to that run, so I'm thinking of just keeping my week like normal and instead of 28 miles this week I'll run 25.

I know that when I start training for the marathon, I'll have to add more miles, but for now, I'm happy with anywhere between 15 to 25 miles in a week. 

Well this week we are having to keep our nephew.  He's in middle school.  My MIL (mother-in-law) had knee replacement surgery and my SIL (sister-in-law) went over to spend the week taking care of her.  So that's why we have our nephew.  Well the school he goes to usually super crazy in the morning.  Cars sitting out in the main road, just waiting to get in to the parking lot to drop off students.  So I went a little crazy trying to figure out how I was going to drop him off at that crazy school, get Bug dropped off, Monkey taken care of, and still get to work on time.  Solution: get everyone in the car and ready to go by 7:40, and guess what, I've actually been 10 minutes early to work so far this week.  Happy Days.

I even told Bug that we might have to keep this schedule going even after he leaves because I'm not rushing like I have been.  It's been easy mornings so far, and I'm hoping that the rest of the week goes just like these past two days. 

Another good thing about this week, it's SUNSHINING outside right now.  I haven't seen the sun in a couple of days.  I had forgotten how pretty everything can look in the sunlight.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, SUNNY, day.

Angela :)

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for sunshine and not feeling rushed in the mornings! I hope your hip stops bothering you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So smart for listening to your body

    ReplyDelete