Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Wednesday

So this morning I woke up a little before 5 and just knew that I was not going to go running this morning.  Why go running in the dark, when I could wait until my lunch break and run in 68 degree weather.  That's right, it's 68 degrees and I just finished the best 6.47 miles EVER!!!!!!  I was so excited to get outside in nothing but a pair of shorts and a t-shirt with no jacket and not freeze my butt off.  It was so excited to feel the sweat  pour off of my face and the sun beaming down on me while I ran.  I was suppose to run 7 miles with 5 mile tempo run, but I just decided to get outside and run.  I ran the 6.47 miles in 55:XX (I'll updated the time and paces when I get everything uploaded at home this evening.)

Breakdown of run, for those (like me) who like to keep up with paces and splits:

Mile 1 - 8:24
Mile 2 - 8:23
Mile 3 - 8:30
Mile 4 - 8:46
Mile 5 - 8:39
Mile 6 - 8:39
.47 - 8:44
Total miles: 6.47
Average pace: 8:34
Total time: 55:26
Calories burned: 656

Recently Emily posted that she doesn't shower after her runs when she does them on her lunch break.  I'll share a little secret with you, I don't either.  I'll also share my secret to not smelling stinky and of sweat after my lunchbreak runs, baby wipes, a towel, and body spray.  I'll take off my sweaty clothes and then wipe down with the towel.  After that I'll pull out a couple of baby wipes and rewipe my body down with those.  Then before I put my clothes on, I'll spray my whole body down with body spray (Dove Go Fresh Body Mist, Cool Essentials Cucumber and Green Tea Scent.)  I also bring an extra pair of panties to change into.  I totally swear by this and nobody is none the wiser that I was just out running in the sun.  I also reapply my makeup and rebrush my hair, of course.

I feel so much better that I got outside to run in the sun.  I'm so looking forward to the 11 miler on Saturday.  Just two more long runs and then I'll be ready for the half marathon on March 5.  Bring it on!!!!

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment