Thursday, February 17, 2011

Foggy Day Thursday

I dragged my butt out of bed this morning to run 4 miles.  I wanted to make up the half mile from yesterday and since I didn't really want my run to end on 3.5 miles, I decided to just go ahead and run 4.  I walked outside to fog.  I don't mind running in fog.  I think it's neat because I feel like I get engulfed into it.  The bad thing about running in fog, especially for those who wear glasses like me, is that they stay wet the whole time.  I wish someone would think of making mini windshield wipers for glasses for foggy mornings.

Anywho on to the run.  I was a little sore from yesterday's lunch time run because I encountered way more hills than I normally do and my quads were screaming at me so I took this 4 miler slow.  I'm finding that my feel good pace is between 8:50 - 9:00 miles.  I find myself cruising at those paces and can go for miles.

Here's the splits from today's run:

Mile 1 - 8:53
Mile 2 - 8:39
Mile 3 - 8:40
Mile 4 - 8:26 (I wanted to be done because it was creeping up on 7 and I needed to get in the shower ASAP!!!)
Total miles: 4
Average pace: 8:40
Calories burned: 404
Total time: 34:41

According to Dailymile I'm sitting pretty at 14 miles for the week and with this Saturday's 11 miler on tap, I'll log 25 miles for the week.  I'm happy with the miles this week and truth be told, I probably could have ran on Tuesday, that's how good I'm feeling.  I'm thinking the abs class is doing me wonders.  We not only work on our abs but we do a lot of stretching that helps out a lot with my hip.  It pulls it in all different directions and with most of the stretches I learn in abs class, I carry them over into my stretch post run.  After last Saturday's 11 miler, I felt great all day.  You never would have known I ran 11 miles because I was not sore, at all.  It's crazy what your body will become accustomed to.

Have a wonderful Thursday guys.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment