Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Racing Schedule Coming Together

As I sit here today, I have already signed up for three races next year.

February 5, 2011 - Nun Run 5k (Last race ran as a 29-year old)
March 5, 2011 - Snicker's Half Marathon (First race as a 30-year old)
August 27, 2011 - Long Run for the Children 10.5k and 5k. (Running both races)

I have more races to come to fill in the middle months but they have not been put on the Georgia Runner's website so as for now, this is all I've got.  Also on February 12, 2011, I turn 30 so my age group will be the 30-34 year olds.  When I did the Jingle Bell Jog, I noticed that age group was bigger, thus making it harder to get awards.  I dominated the 25-29 year old age group winning first place most of the time, so this new age group is going to be harder, making me work harder for that medal that I so love to receive.

I do now I'll be running in the Loop the Lake 5k, Run for Love 5k, (hopefully) the 15k Chili Run, and the Jingle Bell Jog.  I'm also contemplating adding the Girl's Inc. Half Marathon back into my racing schedule.  I had a blast at that one this year and am contemplating bringing the family along when I go back next year.  I'm also have high hopes of starting to train for my first marathon in 2012.  I'll be doing the Snicker's Marathon in March 2012.  Super excited but also super nervous.  I just hope I'll be able to do it.

This morning as I was looking at my training schedule and realized I have an 8 miler this weekend (which will be ran on Friday, instead of Saturday because of the whole I'll probably have a bad hangover Saturday from partying on New Year's Eve) I only had one packet of Hammer gel left.  So instead of getting more of those (I'll probably buy some of them also) I opted to try the Gu gels.  I'll let you know which ones I purchased and my review of them once they get here and I give them a try. 

Next year I'm moving up to be a big girl with adding the marathon to my training schedule.  Even though I'm not actually running one until March 2012, I want to be dang sure I start the training with a really good running base.  I've never ran over 13.1 (or 13.23, if you consider the Girl's Inc. Half was a little long), so 14 miles scares me like you wouldn't believe.  But I do know I'll do it, and I'll probably cry once I hit my driveway because I remember getting emotional after running 10, 11, 12, and completing my first half marathon.

The New Year is almost here, bringing more racing memories.  I so can't wait.

Love,
Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment