Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I feel the need for speed

An amazing thing happened this morning and I'm fearful of putting it out in the open because it might not happen again, but I got up at 6 this morning and actually got my 5 mile speedwork run done.  OMG SHAWTY!!!  Big things are happening.  I totally remembered this morning why I love running in the morning.  I've gotten my exercise grove on and it totally gives you tons of engery.  I'm also a happier person.  Go figure.

Anywho, here's how the speed work went down:

Warm-up mile: 9:36
Mile 2 - 7:57
Mile 3 - 9:24
Mile 4 - 8:21
Mile 5 - 8:57 (Suppose to be a cool down mile, but I guess I'll let mile 3 be that cool-down mile)
Total miles: 5
Total time: 44:21
Average pace: 8:51
Calories burned: 507

It was dark, it was windy, it was CHILLY!!!!  I had originally planned to run to the high school and do this workout on the tack but let's just say that when I got over there, it was dark, it was dark, and it was SPOOKY!!!  I decided to just turn back around and take this run to the sidewalk where there were some street lamps.  I did have my little light but it was still spooky on that track so I'm going to have to save my track runs for when there is some light out.

Not sure what's going on but I'm loving it at the moment.  I've hit all of my exercises for this week so far.  Tomorrow I have 3 miles on tap with abs class thrown in at lunch, Friday is my rest day, and Saturday I have 7 on tap.  I've learned of a new place to run and I'm planning on trying it out Saturday morning.  Let's hope I don't get lost, Bug has a soccer game at 10 and it's going to be COLD, like frost on the ground cold.  Running tights here I come.

Now this isn't official and I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not, but I'm toying with the idea of becoming a running coach.  I've had quite a few friends ask me to help them start running.  When a friend sent me a text yesterday asking me if I could start training her, I knew I needed to see what it would take for me to become certified.  I'm in the still looking process so for those who have their certifications or have thought about it like me, then your input on the subjec is definitely needed.  Thanks in advance.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.  We are almost through the week, thank goodness.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment