Monday, November 1, 2010

Favorite time of the year

It's hard to believe that Halloween is already behind us and that it's the first day of November.   Where did the other part of 2010 go??????

To get this off of my chest, because I don't think the Auburn Tigers are getting the respect their deserve, that was total BS that Oregon jumpted above Auburn in the BCS poll.  Yes I understand it's a computer and both teams are undefeated but and this is a big BUT when you play in the toughest conference in the Country, not all games are going to be huge wins.  Think about it, the SEC has won the last 4 National Championship Game.  In every single game, the SEC comes in as the underdog and the other team is expected to whip them into submission.  Anyone want to remember the Ohio State vs. Florida, Ohio State vs. LSU, Alabama vs. Texas.  All of those games showed just how powerful the SEC really is.  I'm not saying that Oregon is not a good team and it's going to be a blast watching Oregon and Auburn in the National Championship game (a girl can dream), I just don't see how they jumped Auburn when the scores of the games were almost identical.  Auburn beat Ole Miss 51 to 31; Oregon beat USC 53 to 32 (or somewhere around there).  UGGHHH!!!  All I'm saying is Auburn got screwed this week and yet they didn't even lose.  At least Cam Newton is still the number 1 guy to get the Heisman Trophy and for that I'll yell out loudly and proudly WAR CAM EAGLE!!!!!

On to what this blog is really about RUNNING.  That I didn't any of this weekend.  I know, I know.  I had 7 on plate for Saturday morning but when the alarm went off at 6:40 Saturday morning, the hubs whispered, "You are going to have to bundle up, it's cold out there" and with those sweet words whispered in my ear, I snuggled closer to the hubs and promptly went back to sleep.  I figured I would get in the run during Monkey's nap but nope that didn't happen either.  I was suffering from a massive headache that I couldn't shake, so I told myself that I would just get the run in on Sunday.

Yep, you guessed it, it just never happened.  Since I never made it out to the local pumpkin patch this year, it was a busy month, I decided yesterday to take the girls and just get some pictures of them out there.  It was hot, the gnats were out in full force, and the place was crawling with other little ghosts.  I quickly snapped as many pictures as I could, got my mandatory two big cups of boiled peanuts, and then headed home to eat said cup of boiled peanuts.  Delicious!!!!  I heart boiled peanuts and thought about making them my dinner but decided not to.

So this afternoon while Bug has soccer practice, I'm going to get in a 4 miler.  The coach changed the time of practice to 6, so that means the hubs is picking up Monkey, I'm picking up Bug, meeting them at the fields to drop Bug off, taking my car home, and then running back to the soccer fields.  I'm exhausted already.

I'll post my training for this week and a change of plans in my racing schedule tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day.

Angela :)

2 comments:

  1. this year has gone by CRAZY fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's November already either! As for football, maybe Auburn can make their case this week against Chattanooga... that should help their BCS numbers. :) Hope you have a great week and get some running in.

    ReplyDelete