Sunday, November 7, 2010

20 Miles Ran For the Week

Heck ya, I hit all of my miles this week.  I didn't go running this morning but since the important football game that I wanted to watch didn't include my team and was coming on at 3:30 ET, I decided to hit up some new trails I had heard about.

I didn't like the trails and ended up running through my old neighborhood.  That was fun to run by houses and through a neighborhood that has seriously grown up since I've last been there but I could have ran through my own neighborhood.  The trail was only .5 miles long so I had to seriously come up with some way to get 7 miles in.  I ended up getting all 7 miles in 1:04 for a pace of 9:11.  I was pretty happy with the run and very stoked that I have all my runs in for the week.  It's been a long time since I've accomplished that.

I'm now trying to decide if I really want to run the 15k next weekend or not.  The hubs keeps telling me that I'm not running it because we have not only Bug's last soccer game but we also have our annual AU/GA party that is scheduled to start at 3:30.  This is one of the party's that I look forward to all year and this year is no exception except that Auburn has to win.  No ifs and butts about it.  If we want to remain in control of the SEC West we have to win and that is all there is to it.  But I'm trying to find a way to run the race and still be in control of everything else.  I have a feeling that late night cleaning plus a 5-hour engery shot will have to come into play on that weekend.  It's still up in the air, so we shall see.

I'm also playing around with the idea of having 2012 be the year I decide to go for the full marathon.  I've now ran 2 half marathons, will be running in the 3rd on March and am thinking of going for the full in March 2012.  OMG SHAWTY!!!!  What have I just gotten myself in too.  I'll definitely let you know how I'm feeling about things as the week's go by.  The hip does protest a lot when I ramp a week up in my training, especially this week since I ran 20 miles after not having done that in a while.

Anywho, that's what's going on in the She Runs world at the moment.  I'll keep you informed and we'll definitely see how things shake out for next weekend's race.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment