Thursday, September 9, 2010

Weagle Weagle WAR DAMN EAGLE

KICK'EM IN THE BUTT BIG BLUE!!!!  Tonigt's an SEC matchup and my Auburn Tigers are playing the Mississippi State Bulldogs.  I'm hoping those Bulldogs don't stand a chance but you just never know with college football.  I brought my AU gear to work and plan on changing before I leave.  I can't waste time with changing at home, I have to be fully prepared.  We are having tacos and both girls will have a bath before 7.  The game starts at 7:30 and it's going to get loud in my crib.  I'm super excited.

I also just found out today (while on my way to abs class) that I'll be added back to the spin rotation list at my local Y and will start teaching again on Thursday, Sept. 23.  Now I'm super excited about that (two super excited in one day, this is going to be a great day).  I haven't taught spin since last year.  I have to get a new CD ready and will be taking an extra day next week to get to the spin room and make sure I like what my CD has to offer to the class.  It starts at 5:30 and ends at 6:30.  This is going to be so much fun and a good way for me to cross train because I'm failing miserably in that department.

So on Tuesday I ran 2 miles.  It was not an exciting two miles.  Bug had her first soccer practice and to keep Monkey entertained I loaded her up in a NORMAL stroller and we took off.  Let me just say, this was a very hard run.  Trying to contain a normal stroller while running is difficult.  Pushing that stroller plus 30+ pounds of toddler was tiring after the first mile.  I don't even remember my time nor my pace, it was not that great.

This morning I decided to just get out and run.  I knew I changed my schedule up but I just wanted to run and run I did.  I managed to squeak out 4 miles in 35:07.  Here's the breakdown of said run:

Mile 1 - 8:56
Mile 2 - 8:39
Mile 3 - 8:50
Mile 4 - 8:38
Total miles: 4
Total time: 35:07
Average pace: 8:45
Calories burned: 402

I was really concerned when I first started about my hip, but it gave me no problem whatsoever.  Actually I haven't really felt it much all day.  Usually by now it would be screaming cuss words at me and threatening to beat my butt silly for getting out there and running.  I do plan on going to physical therapy tomorrow but I believe taking as much time off as I have has really made a difference in things.  I was so grateful that when I got to the first mile, my only complaint was I was tired and not that my hip was bothering me.

As I was reading all of my favorite blogs, Tall Mom posted a giveaway that I sure would like to win.  Details check it out HERE.  I'm so about everything 13.1 that I would so love my very own necklace with that on it.  She's closing the giveaway after 133 comments, so get on over there and check it out.

Well I'm out.  I hope everyone has a great day.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment