Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tooth Fairy

Remember as a kid you would lose a tooth and wake in the morning to find money (be it a $1, $.25, etc) under your pillow. 

Well Bug has been loosing teeth left and right for the past couple of years and the tooth fairy has yet to disappoint her. 

The tooth fairy almost didn't make it to our house last night.  Let's just say she was very tired and didn't remember until 7 this morning while washing her hair.  Yes, I almost forgot to leave my daughter a dollar for her tooth.  So at 7 (mind you her alarm goes off at 7:10) I tip-toe into her room and try my darndest to slip that tooth out and the dollar in while trying not to wake her.  Didn't happen.  She woke up while I was standing over her, so I quickly said, "Where's your lunch menu, I need to know if I need to pack you a lunch today or not."  She just looked at me like I was crazy, so I told her never mind and left.

I had to improvise now.  I left the dollar by her toothbrush and when the alarm went off in her room, ran in there before she could look under her pillow and told her to go brush her teeth.  While she was walking in there, I quickly grabbed the tooth and then pretended to be looking for that lunch menu I had asked her about earlier.  It was pretty hard to do because the bathroom is directly across from her bedroom so it took mad skills to be able to do it quickly.  She turned and looked at me, after finding the dollar and then ran and looked under her pillow for the tooth.  Thank goodness I was quick, and the look on her face was priceless. 

I told her that the tooth fairy was trying to keep her on her toes and you never knew about them tooth fairies, they can be wild and crazy sometimes. 

The hubs thought I was crazy but my mom carried on these traditions for me and its a great feeling knowing I can carry them on for my babies.

Has the tooth fairy almost slipped up and not made an appearance at your house before?  Do tell.

Angela :)

1 comment:

  1. Yep, we had a delinquent tooth fairy a few months ago. It was my daughter's 3rd lost tooth in two weeks and 4th this year. Needless to say, after being quite accustomed to waking to find money she was disappointed to find only her tooth. She thought maybe her tooth wasn't clean enough, we told her maybe the tooth fairy was sick (not too far from the truth). Luckily the tooth fairy managed to come the next night complete with late fees. :)

    ReplyDelete