Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Slowly getting through the week

My mom made reservations for us in Panama City Beach for the Girl's Inc. Half next month.  OMG it's becoming real.  I've been signed up for this race for so long, was actually doing great with the miles until my hip injury took me out of the game, but have rebounded nicely, and am actually anticipating a great race next month.  Girl's Inc. Half HERE I COME!!!!

I've already planned out where we are going to eat and while I'm in Panama City, I'm hoping to hit up a sports store that my boss has told me about.  I'm hoping they carry GU or Hammer products because I'm dangerously close to being out of my gels and will need some to get me through the race on the 16th.  I'm also planning on picking up some Sports Beans. 

This morning, I finally dragged my big butt out of bed at 5:50 and went for a four mile run.  I borrowed my hubs head light but I carried it in my hand.  I just wanted to be able to use it on the dark streets so cars could see me coming and I could see what was in front of me.  I felt awesome and even though it was chilly out there, somewhere in the 50's,  it felt awesome.  When I got home, I actually laid out in the driveway and looked at the moon for a few minutes.  Probably not the best thing to do considering I have a terrible cold that I thought was getting better only seeming to get worst.  I hate colds.  I also went to abs class today where the instructor promptly proceeded to kill me.  Boy oh boy did she work them abs and she worked them good.  I have a feeling I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

I plan on getting up again in the morning and running another 4 miles.  Then on Thursday I might be teaching a spin class so I'm opting not to run in order to teach the class.  Friday will be my rest day and then on Saturday morning I plan on being out the door at 7 for a 2-hour run.  No miles in sight, just 2 hours and see where it gets me. 

On Sunday my sister and I are taking our kids to see Disney Princesses on Ice.  I'm so excited because I've only been to one other show and that was 5 years ago.  I can't wait to see Monkey's expression when we see all the princesses.  We are hoping to get to the show an hour early and meet all the princess and takes pictures.  Finger's crossed I can get out the door in time.  Fingers crossed.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment