Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lunchtime Madness

So as I mentioned previously, I decided to take my run to the streets on my lunchbreak today.  So when my boss finally released me from taking notes, I ran to the bathroom with all my gear to get ready to go pound some pavement.  With the other secretary still out and giving no indication when her return will be, I'm stressed more than a 29 year old should be.  I laced up, plugged in my headphones, and once outside I let it all go.  It was a glorious 4 miler.

Here's the breakdown of how it went:

Mile 1 - 8:52
Mile 2 - 8:42
Mile 3 - 8:47
Mile 4 - 9:15
Total Miles 4
Total time: 35:36
Calories burned: 400
Level of stress - I'd say a 4 out of 10.

I did have to stop at a couple of traffic lights but I mainly picked a route where there were not that many so I wouldn't have to stop.  It felt great to have the wind beneath my hair and feel my legs pounding the pavement.  I will probably do this every Wednesday, it was such a great way to spend my lunch break and an awesome stress reliever all rolled into one. 

Angela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment